90 Cherokee stalls and hesitates bad on take off.

RKMerten

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I shimmie

Recently I have had stalling problems with my 90 cherokee. It is a 4.0 with MPI. I have done the following:

1. Checked fuel pressure (32 running, 40 with vacume line removed)
2. Replaced fuel pressure regulator.
3. Replaced MAP sensor.
4. Replaced crank position sensor (thanks to the message board)
5. Cleaned the idle speed stepper motor.
6. Chanked the fuel filter.

Today it didn't die, but it hesitates very badly when leaving from a stoplight/sign.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks

What sort of shape is the air filter in? Besides that, check the usuals, cap, rotor, and plugs... My roomie's Jeep is suffering from minor, but similar symptoms, as I have not worked on it yet, that's the only thing that I can suggest...

RE: when your so called friend stands you up...

The first thing you need to do is make sure your vacuum lines are connected and not leaking. Since you've eliminated the cps then the next likely culprit would be a problem with the egr. You can plug off the vacuum line to the egr temporarily to see if its related to that. There is a procedure for checking the egr and components in the haynes manual. If thats those two things dont correct the problem i'd look at the oxygen senor.

dirty injectors. since that one wasn't metnioned, i would try that. the fuel rail assembly is fairly easy to remove but it would be a good idea to get new O rings for the injectors if you take them out and clean it yourself. Just a thought....

Back