92 YJ Auto Transmission

bayouboy

I know I posted earlier, but can anyone tell me what automatic transmission came in the 1992 YJ Wrangler. I am looking to make a change from a manual, but would like something that is a direct bolt in.

Thanks again,

The TF 903 would have been the OEM auto option. It would be best to get EVERYTHING from the donor vehicle all at one time. (As in find a wrecked donor and drag it home if you can)

every one i know rips these auto trans up keep the manual my opinion

From what I understand the TFs can be beefed up a bit. It’s a personal choice as to go auto or stick but if you’re not blasting through a muddy corn field or need down hill compression I think they have a place.

true, but i feel jeeps still need to be sticks ,hey i drive 30 miles to work for 30 years in some kind of jeep, it bumpy,my neck hurts,back hurts, cant here my cellphone for all wind noise,but i like jps what can i say, the best auto i ever drove was a wagoneer,talk about a neet old jp wished i still had it

I appreciate it guys. This jeep will by my wife's. She is short and keeps riding the clutch. I have a 85 CJ7 with SB Chevy and TH350. Thanks again. Any further help would be appreciated.

If it's 6 cyl, it came with a 904 or 999. With a driver's side drop front axle, a 727 from an '80 up full size Jeep is mostly the same physical size as the 999 (just slightly wider)

Back