93 yj clutch

robo83

this may not be a problem but it bothers me a little bit. ive replaced my clutch master cylinder a couple times now due to the inner seals leaking, and ive noticed lately that my clutch pedal has some freeplay in it. and when i drive on the interstate for a longer period of time without using the clutch it feels really soft when i do use it. and it seems like the engaging point of it changes too. any ideas on what it is? or if its a problem?

I have a '93 also and am having the same problem. I've replaced the master cylinder twice and had the slave clylinder (inside the transmission bell housing) replaced - and it still seems to do the same thing you're describing. I was hoping a fellow jeeper could help with advice/suggestions.

yea the next step for me was going to be the slave cylinder. it may not be a problem, but it bugs me.

well the next step just got here, my clutch went out the other day as soon as i pulled into a friends driveway, so i had to limp it home with no clutch. i just put a new master cylinder in it AGAIN, so we are startin with the slave and while we are in there im rebuilding my transmission and fixin the synchronizers for 3rd and 4th

Back