94 to 93 transfercase swap

the gimp

well after a short time of owning my 94 grand larado my transfer case craped out on me so to day i got a hold of a 93 larado 5.2 auto that hit a tree and was rolled.
so i swapped out the transfer cases and it runs beautifully now. oh and fyi you have to swap out the speedo sensors.

as far as the totaled jeep its fully loaded leather and everything so im going swap everything over to my jeep.

i started the swap at 2 and got done at 5, for my first time at doing a transfer case it went smoothly not a single glitch except for a sore chest from letting the transfer case rest on my chest and the jewels from the front shaft landing on them lol....those things are not the lightest in the world expecially with the front shaft still hooked up

anyway this is my first real post on hear

Welcome to the Z.

Is your jeep a 5.2 also? If not, did you compare the length of the input shafts in the two TC's?

Welcome to the Z.

Is your jeep a 5.2 also? If not, did you compare the length of the input shafts in the two TC's?

yea its a 5.2 the 93 and 94 from what ive seen so far interchange completly
im working on stripping the wrecked one down, and i also think the shift linkage on the t-case was bad not the t-case itself ill know more after i open her up

Back