99 xj tps ?????

kingmega

K i feel pretty stupid asking this because im not a noob and have changed a few tps in past with no trouble had messed up idle issue install new tps the right way start it an it idles at bout 2000 take it back off install it in the opposite direction and it opens throttle so pushed back on throttle it popped like i may have broke sensor but it idles fine now but it's throwing tps code now and it will not clear have not drove it yet

K i feel pretty stupid asking this because im not a noob and have changed a few tps in past with no trouble had messed up idle issue install new tps the right way start it an it idles at bout 2000 take it back off install it in the opposite direction and it opens throttle so pushed back on throttle it popped like i may have broke sensor but it idles fine now but it's throwing tps code now and it will not clear have not drove it yet

tFirst jeeps seem to work best with OEM parts or OEM replacements. There is only one way to install a TPS. It clips onto the butterfly pin and that's it. Connect the wiring. Do not wing or unwind the Center of the TPS during install, they come in a neutral position ready for install.
Have you ever cleaned the TB and IAC? A dirty TB and or IAC will give poor idle. Also a vac leak will lead to high or rough idle.

Cleaned tb and also replaced iac think a may have got bad tps iac is oem from dealer they had to order tps and didn't want to wait so its advance auto

Back