A little help from Pocono people

PhattyX

RE: Good time for a rubicon run?

Alright, so I'm signed up for Camp Jeep with my gf and daughter. However, I can't find a hotel any closer than 25 miles away. I think camping might be a little much for my daughter this year. So, anyone near the Poconos know of a hotel that might be off the Internet radar?

-X

RE: New Tires

You could also call one of those travel agent type people and see if they can find anything.

Hi-Ya PhattyX,

Possibly too distant from Camp Jeep (Guessing ~ 40-miles), but your call.

Take a look at the Radisson hotel, Scranton, PA, shown in the following hyper-link:

http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/US/PA/Scranton/Radisson_Lackawanna_Station_Hotel(85894).htm

The Lackawanna Train Station Hotel was, once upon a time, a grand train station built during the age of steam. Beautifully restored and converted to a hotel.

In-house restaurant and many nearby chain restaurants. "Steamtown USA," (More railroad stuff) is a few blocks distant, as is a shopping mall. Easy access to Interstate-81, North/South.

Regards,

Choo-Choo Gadget

RE: Another good man gone

I think they usually run at Jack Frost Mountain.. Check hotels near blakeslee.
Too bad I just sold my house :( I would of let ya stay there..... Search for the Sullivian Trail Motel thats on rt 940. If I remember anymore I'll let ya know. Go to the Yellow Pages and search the area.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yellow Pages, Travel Agent... how did I not think of these myself? I'm way too wrapped up in the computer age.

White, despite what the other people on the forum say, you're the man. I called the Sullivan Trail Hotel and got a reservation. Now, I'm 3 miles away instead of 25. Thanks for the retro-offer of the house,too. That would have been big of you if you still had it. Hopefully, I'll make it to PAP and meet up with you one of these days...

Did anyone else follow the link from Gadget? What a cool looking hotel!

Thanks again, guys,

-X

Back