about that catback exaust systems and such

Benskate1

ive done my research and found that its best if you just were to go with a glasspack like a thrush or whatever for the sake of price, but there is more noise, summit racing sells exaust tubing seperately so thats also a good deal. ive seen alot of good from pace setter kits. Clifford performance makes great headers for the XJ. Throw those headers on and bam an instant 20 percent more power. Flowmaster mufflers are thick and skidplate like whereas dynomax muffs are thin like foil. So if your a krawler get a flowmaster. So it all depends on the type of wheelin you do and how much your gonna throw down. heck keep old tubing and just throw on a 15 dollar free flow muffer from your local parts store and youll get a gain. [addsig]

I did this and there is one draw back for me at least. I am to old I guess cause the glaspack is drowning out my thought process. It has gotten louder over the past months or I have gotten over the need for the roar. Don't get me wrong it sounds really good but the stereo is always to loud and you have to talk to loud to conversate in the Jeep. I will go ahead and pay for the Flowmaster 40 series to get the noise level back down some what. No Cat and a Glaspac is a real winner of a combo. Breaths like a track star! Just to loud for me Tug[addsig]

its funny cause i just put that no-act and glasspack muffler combo on. Its really really deep toned, loud as a mother. Flowmaster makes these heat proof muffler casings that really bring the sound levels down alot. Ill look into those, or some dynomat is alsways a good fix.[addsig]

It was always my understanding that if you run a glasspack muffler on a small displacement engine, you should also runa resinator so that there is no loss of low end torque. An I right, wrong, or confused. [addsig]

yeah i have a resonator but not on there right now, i have little low end power but it sounds like i have nitrous cause it dounds low and then gobs of high end power kicks in all at once, sometimes the tires even loose traction a little at that point.[addsig]

I can not tell that I need anything to make up for back pressure. The low end is strong and there is very even power all throught he rpm range. May be I just go lucky or else I don't know that I need it! either way so far it has been sweet just loud! tug[addsig]

Back