Ah, the Steelhead run

prariepunk

Well, others in the north eastern US might know about this. Now is the time of year that the Steelhead run up stream to spawn.... and I'm looking for fun :) . After work yesterday, my cousin and I stopped by the local creek or "crik" (in Ohio) and saw some HUGE fish. Neither of us had poles with us (I had one but it was set-up for "catfish" (small cat-nip toy on the end)) so we took another approach, and a little harder too.... No one was on this creek but us (or we wouldn't have done it (outta respect)) so we jumped in and started herding them to the shallows (a lot harder than it sounds in waist deep water) and they were just swiming right by us (My 220lb body wasn't meant for water :roll: ). Finally we had some cornered.... but the opening was going down stream and they got out of the "trap" like we were retarded. I had one run right into my leg so fast it hurt! :oops: . But we had a good time and came home soaked and empty handed... but we'll try again. As long as I have my fishing licence, this isn't illeagle, is it? (glad I haven't caught one in that case). But fun and hard without a pole even if I don't catch one. We would only try this if there were NO other fisherman on the river, there kinda mean when you dirty up the river or creek or stream.

Back