air horns

BostonJeep

Hey, i installed my Fiamm air horn today, dual trumpet.. got it at autozone for like 25 bucks...

Its plenty loud, but its too high pitched and just not the sound i was going for. Anyone have any other suggestions?

tell you the truth, it sounded rather fruity. :wink:

I had the hella dual air horn kit it..hated the way it sounded..took it right out same day it got installed..wasn't the sound i was looking for either. stock is better i think

BostonJeep said:
well not as fruity as the stock horn. atleast this one is loud
stock isnt fruity, its just not as obnoxiously loud as your airhorn.

more pics and problem fixed.

i have the hella air horn kit on mine. i must say i was rather shocked when i first installed it and heard the rather high and piercing sound (i had a deep semi-truck blast in mind)... but since then have grown to like it. it may be "fruity" and obnoxiously loud, but it sure turns heads and gets the attention of stupid drivers much better than my stock horn ever did. if you want a deeper horn sound, look around online some more. i found some incredible horns at a number of different sites (except they were like $150... and were kinda large so you'd have to install it externally probably).

Man what I wouldn't give for a locomotive's horn in my jeep here in Los Angeles, along with an SUV disabling ray gun...

Hey don't feel bad, I am going to get the Dixie air horns, so the next time I get airborne I can pay homage to my kindred, the Duke boys!!

I run the "Oh Sussana" musical horn in the Jeep. Just last night, I hooked up a "La Cucaracha" musical horn in my friends Yota. I love it!

I just put in a cheap airhorn the other day. I'm not so sure I love the sound, but it sure gets attention! The sound is growing on me. I don't think it sounds too 'fruity'.

For $20, I thought it was a fun mod lol.

-Rob

Back