Al Gore

I thought the point of putting these anti-missle installations overseas was that they were closer to our enemies and therefore we had an earlier warning and better chance of knocking the missles out. Detection systems would have a more complete view. My understanding that the protection of these other countries was just a means to our end of protecting ourselves. You let us put this in our country and it will protect you too.

I'm not saying I am for it, just trying to point out that I don't think we are protecting these guys out of the goodness of our hearts.

I believe you've nailed the underlying element, here. Makes us look like good guys by setting up a missile defense system for our former enemies, but beneath it all, it is a first line of defense for our own territories.

Well with Algore, your best bet is to wait and see what he declares his stances on the issues to be. He seems to change them as necessary to appease the Democrat base.

He started his political career, and his first presidential run as a conservative democrat. It's one of the reasons Clinton picked him up, hoping to get the not-so-far left democrat votes (the ones that voted for Reagan).

From that Run for the '92 nomination through today, he has changed his platform to being one of the full fledged liberals. His crusade for indoctrinating the American public to believe his exaggerated claims of mankind's effect on global climate change is freakish. The hypocrisy he has demonstrated in his personal choices regarding energy conservation is downright appalling after some of the demands he has made for John Q. Public to make sacrifices in our lives for his unfounded cause.

In a nutshell, he's a guy who went off the deep end after losing to W. He has been trying to compensate for his failure complex by making a name for himself with this global warming nonsense (the movie). He needs therapy, not the most powerful executive position in the world.

AND... I'm not so sure he can beat Hillary anyhow. Barack Obonghit doesn't stand much of a chance, but he's the likely VP candidate for Hillary.

Oh, and he lost his home state in 2000 because he went from a pro gun democrat many years before to an all-out gun-grabber. He turned on those who got him to where he was, then they in turn did it to him.

Anytime you see a home state vote against a candidate it should throw up a red flag ;)

I love the new heavier,greener,softer Al Gore. I wonder if he'll pull out his black preacher voice this time.And amen to the red flag on losing in your own home state. I also wander if ol' Al is an advocate to our sport of off -road driving.

Last edited:

Re: Fred Thompson

Fred Thompson.
Nuff said.

I'd like to see how Fred Thompson does in the candidacy for President. From what I've read about him he has the experience and the know-how to hold the position of President of the United States of America. Unfortunately, voters may view him as being too old to be the President, regardless of his qualifications. Therefore he may never get past the current dog and pony show that's going on now with the other candidates.

This is not to say that I'd definately vote for Fred, but in my opinion he is looking better than some of the other candidates.

Last edited:
I think Thompson is a serious contender.Very worthy of consideration. I think he should wear well not a lot of skeletons in the closet like most the others.

Fred Thompson was a major topic on CNN the other night while I spent 14 hours in Reagan National Airport. I'll probably vote for him just based on the fact that he was in Days of Thunder.

Back