Al Gore

redrooster

I was watching one of the cable news show last night talking about all the Al Gore appearances lately. They were talking about his gaining popularity this year despite how he says he doesn't plan on running for President. A lot of people, including myself, think he is feeling it out and will end up running.
Actually, I hope he does. Speculation is that if he did run he would be the front running democrat, followed by Hillary then Obama, eventually bumping Obama out.
I haven't been an Al Gore fan in the past, but there are certain things I like about him over other candidates. First is that he is experienced having served in the house, senate and as VP. Second is that whether you agree with the theory of global warming or not (I'm undecided), he would do a lot to clean up pollution. Third is that he seems to have a good demeanor and seems less likely to make "knee jerk" reactions.
With all that said, it doesn't mean that I will vote for the guy. I have a lot more to learn about him and the other candidates especially in the areas of gun control, gasoline and foreign policy.
Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind him in the white house. I'm somewhat open to who actually gets in, as long as they are legit. I think that (in my own opinion, likely not others) the 2 sides are relatively close. I don't mind either. I just want someone that will do a good job.

I was watching one of the cable news show last night talking about all the Al Gore appearances lately. They were talking about his gaining popularity this year despite how he says he doesn't plan on running for President. A lot of people, including myself, think he is feeling it out and will end up running.
Actually, I hope he does. Speculation is that if he did run he would be the front running democrat, followed by Hillary then Obama, eventually bumping Obama out.
I haven't been an Al Gore fan in the past, but there are certain things I like about him over other candidates. First is that he is experienced having served in the house, senate and as VP. Second is that whether you agree with the theory of global warming or not (I'm undecided), he would do a lot to clean up pollution. Third is that he seems to have a good demeanor and seems less likely to make "knee jerk" reactions.
With all that said, it doesn't mean that I will vote for the guy. I have a lot more to learn about him and the other candidates especially in the areas of gun control, gasoline and foreign policy.
Thoughts?
I like how you reserve judgment on any candidate until you learn about the entirety of his platform. That's super mature and centered of you. You're WAY above the status quo in that regards.

I'm more confused about this election than any I've voted in. Partially because I've got a lot less time to do research, and partially because there is no clear-cut choice jumping out... where as in the past there has been for me.

Keep doing the critical thinking you are doing and vote with your head not your heart! (as I know you will)

I like how you reserve judgment on any candidate until you learn about the entirety of his platform. That's super mature and centered of you. You're WAY above the status quo in that regards.

I'm more confused about this election than any I've voted in. Partially because I've got a lot less time to do research, and partially because there is no clear-cut choice jumping out... where as in the past there has been for me.

Keep doing the critical thinking you are doing and vote with your head not your heart! (as I know you will)

As far as not knowing the candidates, I have never seen the presidential race get this heated this early. They all have plenty of time to put their feet in their mouths.

I think I would like to see some trial by combat. no more of this standing behind a podium trying to make yourself sound better than that other dude. Dress them up like American Gladiators and let them go at it!

What'dya think of Al's movie?

I haven't seen it. I guess I'll have to check it out. I also heard them talking about his latest book which evidently points out all the errors of the Bush administration. I probably wouldn't enjoy that too much. I would rather read a Jeep magazine than political finger pointing. We are getting ready to see enough of that in the news in the near future.
I would say that I have never been one to follow the party lines. I have always voted for the person I thought was right for the job. It just happens that they have all been Republican presidents thus far. I will also say that I have supported Bush and will always support the soldiers. Recently though, I am getting tired of how things are being handled. The Iraqi's have made little progress with their government, yet we continue to cottle them. Then what sent me over the edge was Bush's plan to help setup a missile defense network over Eastern Europe, nearly sending us to Cold War II. Why is it we need to get involved in their business? They have the money and resources to set up their own system. I would rather see that money spent on securing our own borders.

well,.... he DID invent the internet after all:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here. I've just been so disenchanted with politicians in general that it's hard for me to study up on any of them. Guess if I take it all in with a grain of salt it'll go down better. I don't tow the party line, either, but in opposition to currupt, I have just almost always felt better about the Democrats. I don't support Bush, but I do support our troops. I'm just glad he'll be gone soon, but hope he doesn't muck it up any worse for whoever comes in behind him. Whoever it is, they've got a lot of cleanup to do.

Then what sent me over the edge was Bush's plan to help setup a missile defense network over Eastern Europe, nearly sending us to Cold War II. Why is it we need to get involved in their business? They have the money and resources to set up their own system. I would rather see that money spent on securing our own borders.

Cold War II...a very apt term...you might be smarter than I first taken you for Red...:purple:
No your right about one thing here. With the limited resources this country has to offer why are we going to spend millions protecting to European block? Wouldn't that time, material, and personal to man these stations be better spent on our own soil? Letting the European countries see the results here and purchase it for them selfs?
Not to mention that this is placing Russian, an emerging Democracy into a delicate situation? Why strain our relation with Russia at this moment in time? There is no proof that there preparing for war with the US, I do believe there more concerned with building there inter-structure to compete with the emerging world market. Now if this country is concerned with Iran and North Korea's emerging Nuclear capabilities and there work on ICBMs, a missile defense system would better deployed here on US soil where most likely those missiles are going to be pointed at.

I think or Government is waving a red Herring trying to divert our attention from our current theater of action to something that doesn't exist.

I thought the point of putting these anti-missle installations overseas was that they were closer to our enemies and therefore we had an earlier warning and better chance of knocking the missles out. Detection systems would have a more complete view. My understanding that the protection of these other countries was just a means to our end of protecting ourselves. You let us put this in our country and it will protect you too.

I'm not saying I am for it, just trying to point out that I don't think we are protecting these guys out of the goodness of our hearts.

Back