all u smart jeep guys....

lolypop

so i just paid a guy $200 to fix a blown headgasket in my 97 cherokee sport...good deal:) anyway, now when i go to start it up it starts but it vibrates like VERY badly and i have no way of getting in touch with the guy that fixed it the first time...sooo, ive heard it could just be a fuel injector thats clogged??? any help would be appreciated

The Vibration your Experiencing could very well be a Misfire.. The possible causes could be like what you said, a Clogged fuel injector.. the probbability is very little if it ran ok prior to a blown Head Gasket.. Check the spark plug wires for proper installation, check the Gaps of the spark plugs, i think it's 0.035".. check the wires for proper firing order..A tell tale signs of a multiple misfire is a smell of raw fuel coming out of your exaust pipe.

yea i forgot to mention that the headgasket blew over a year ago, the jeeps just been sitting there...after he fixed it it took literally about an hour straight of turning the key to get the motor to start...i guess it had to push all the old stuff out the way??? could that be what clogged the injector?? and one more question, how do i know which one of the injectors is bad and how much do they cost?? sorry i know nothing about cars:(

k last question...after i put the cleaner in is it safe to keep the car idling even with the bad shaking? i dont wanna take a chance of hurting my engine...it was just rebuilt:)

If i was to make a judgement call on that, i would verify that it is in fact a clogged fuel injector before i say it's ok to run it like that..If it ends up to be a misfire due to a fouled out sparkplugs or some other spark issue, then you probably will end up replacing the Catalytic converter for a catastrophic failure if it runs like that for a while.

If the jeep has sat as long as you say, change the fuel filter wile your at it. and posible that bad gas could be a factor in your problems

Are all of your vacuum lines reinstalled correctly? the engine will lope and run rough or maybe a clogged pcv valve? have you had a compression test done since the head gasket was replaced?

Back