AMC 258 360 Blow Proof Bellhousing?

carriss

Lakewood Makes or used to? A Blow proof bellhousing that i saw in 4wd.com / 4 wheeldrive hardware anyone know if a 360 into a stock 258 bellhousing would work? or maybe that the bellhousing was drilled out to take both?

I am confused about your question.. are you asking if the bellhousings are interchangable?

No then. as for a bomb proof housing, there really should be no need for one. Unless your putting out stupid amounts of torque or your using different compounds for trnanny/motor mounts, a stock bell housing will work. I am going to assume you have a T5 transmission, a v8 bell housing will fit pretty much any AMC v8 they are dime a dozen. but a 258-T5 will not be compatible with a V8 whether it is a 304-401

I've Have A T-177, I Was Just Thinking About a v8 swap when my 6 got tired.

All Jeep inline 6 cyl bellhousing '72 up (except a few leftover Postal Jeeps with the starter on the LH side) are the same as the 304, 360, 390, 401 (I think 287 and 343 as well) but you have to watch the crankshaft flange. '71 and older are set up to fit Borg Warner auto and T96 trans with a small clutch and bell housing.

My '83 J10 longbed had a T5 (it's only good for parts since it was run low on oil) behind the 4.2L, but they aren't strong enough for a V8.

The 2.5L (84 up) inline 4 is the same as the GM 2.8 V6 used '84 to '86.

Back