Any problems with a lifted liberty?

hbradh

I just bought a 05 liberty sport and I have heard that any lift over 2.5 or 3 inches your ball joints will wear out quickly. I want to lift it and put the biggest tires on i can. This is going to be my daily driver for a while, so I dont want it to break down on me. I have a set of BFG 33's on 15x10's off of my TJ that I totaled and I may want to use the wheel's at least, or will I have to use 16's? I was thinking about a 3" Rough Country kit. What would be the best for the money?

I'm not sure you'll be able to run 33s on your Liberty with only 3" of lift. There don't appear to be many kits available for the Liberty (well, not as many as with the Wrangler). But even the 3.5" kits say you'll only be able to run 31s

This 2" lift will let your run 30s
4Wheel Drive Hardware Suspension and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH2

Skyjacker 2.5" kit
2.5" Liberty Platinum Series Linear coil Suspension System by Skyjacker and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH3

and this 3.5" coil spacer will let you run 31s
3.5" X Factor System by Rock Krawler and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH3

I have no experience lifting a Liberty, I'm just going off of the lift kit manufacturer's info.

JeepinbyAl.com - Product Catalog - Lift Kits Jeep Liberty

OR, All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ Products, ARB bumpers, Daystar, Frankenlift, Super Skid, Rancho, OME and more

Do what I did, SFA.
cal491-1.jpg
(sorry for the two posts, I couldn't post the links or pic until I had 5 posts)

Last edited:

Yeah, i'd like to do a SAS. What kind of lift and axle did you use up front? I saw somewhere that they make a complete bolt on solid axle swap kit. I would like to put on a 2.5 or 3 inch lift but is seem's the only one that's any good is the frankinlift, but they don't make the strut's for the kit's any more. Thank's for your help.

We're actually working on a SFA conversion kit (including brackets and a parts list of where to get all the other parts) here at KOR (Phoenix, AZ) with a customers 2006 KJ. He's going with a HP D44 front axle, a D44 (iron) rear axle, and we're going to use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible. We're going to prototype and manufacture the brackets, and have them available for others to make their life a lot easier. Basically, it'll be a little more difficult than a Long Arm install on a ZJ or WJ (four link front and rear), but not much more difficult. We'll probably make coil-over brackets that will weld to the frame as well, as part of the package.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no one currently making an SFA kit.

Kevin
KevinsOffroad.com
Facebook.com/kevinsoffroad

Back