Anyone tried the PLX Kiwi Wifi and the Rev iPhone App?

Spud

I was wondering if anyone has a PLX Kiwi Wifi connected to the iPhone app Rev or any of the other OBDII apps.

If you have what features/functions work? Any issues with connectivity? How is battery life?

For anyone that doesn't know this is a device that plugs in to your OBDII port and then sends a signal out on wifi. This part costs $150. It feeds the information into an iPhone app (cost $50) and provides diagnostic codes, and all the other data that comes from OBDII.

It seems like a much cheaper system than a dedicated OBDII readers and also has some fun functionality (at least what is advertised). Just hate to spend any money without some recommendations.

Absent recommendations to the contrary I will probably buy this setup in a couple of months. If/when I do and people are interested I will post my results.

Probably won't help you, but I swear by torque for the droid. I picked up a ODBII bluetooth from ebay (only $35). Torque for the Droid was only around $9.

Terry,

The PLX and Rev is along the same lines of the Torque app but your setup was much less expensive (bummer for me!). One of the main things I am interested in is the hp/dynometer functions. I want to do some performance mods but also want to know if they really help or just sound and feel better. It sounds like Torque does that for you. Do you find Torque's hp reading to be accurate enough to make these kind of determinations?

My favorite feature of torque is the instant MPG and the average MPG. I also like having a screen that shows my Jeep's speedometer as well as a GPS speedometer, to make sure they are in sync. I also use to a lesser extent the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

I don't have anything to measure against for accuracy, but it's at least consistent.

I asked around the office, and they ipod guys all use dynolicious
Dynolicious for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I tried the 1/4 mile times at the track in my chevy. Phone said 14.8. Actual time was 13.2. So off by fair bit. The obd2 reader is just generic functions not much to get to and data is pretty slow. But then again I own a snap on verus so my opinion is a bit biased lol.

I tried the 1/4 mile times at the track in my chevy. Phone said 14.8. Actual time was 13.2. So off by fair bit. The obd2 reader is just generic functions not much to get to and data is pretty slow. But then again I own a snap on verus so my opinion is a bit biased lol.

Was this with the PLX and iPhone or was it on a Snap On OBD2 reader?

My favorite feature of torque is the instant MPG and the average MPG. I also like having a screen that shows my Jeep's speedometer as well as a GPS speedometer, to make sure they are in sync. I also use to a lesser extent the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

I don't have anything to measure against for accuracy, but it's at least consistent.

I asked around the office, and they ipod guys all use dynolicious
Dynolicious for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Thanks Terry. I will take a look at that app.

I phone. My snap on doesn't do quarter mile times or that. But I was just saying that for comparison sake. It works ok for personal use.

I phone. My snap on doesn't do quarter mile times or that. But I was just saying that for comparison sake. It works ok for personal use.

Okay. Thanks for the input. I will give some of these apps a shot and see what happens.

Back