AT Tires

mingez

I've always looked for help with offroad tires, but now since my dad is driving my XJ a bit as a DD, I need to really consider getting some AT's or something similar for street riding. I'll of course keep the Mud Terrains for offroading.

So, what suggestions do you all have, I still want to be able to go fishing, and have descent traction on dirt roads. BUT need better road manners for my dad, who never offroads.

I've never owned AT's, so I wouldn't know where to begin.

Thanks.

My BFG AT KO that I just got are my second set of ATs. THEY ARE SO AWESOME. I strongly recommend it.

RE: Need help deciding which Jeep to Keep

Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo's. I had a set on my TJ and still runnin' 'em on mudwoman's YJ. They're decent off-road - not real good in the mud, but have great onroad manners - especially on wet roads - they stick like glue. Last I checked, they were the highest rated AT on tirerack.com. Really different looking tread design. Got 50K out of the ones on my TJ, but if they were rotated regularly :oops: probably could've got at least 60K.

I just love the aggressive looks of them. They stick to the road wet/dry like sh*t to a blanket. My motor is healthy and could spin my trXus MT in the rain, but not these BFs!

Also, they are RMA certified for severe snow service. Sand is cool, rocks/trails are cool too, but mud is not GREAT, but definitely gonna be better than most AT's out there.
Oh and plus, they last forever!

Mingez, I would maybe consider just getting some cheapo ATs and see how it works out. Especially if it would be possible to keep your current tires mounted so you could swap them out when you go wheeling. Most of the ATs on the market ride good and have decent tread life. When I was in the tire shop getting shoes on the TJ a couple of months ago they were advertising a set of 31x10.50 Winston Winner ATs for $380 mounted and balanced.

Re: RE: Re: I got hit..... and he ran!

Ok, now this forum is confusing me. I thought it was going to be a forum for street Jeeps and power-plants. Now we've got two forums (at least) with folks asking about what type of tires or wheels to put on their Jeeps. Hoo-boy.......

Give it a chance Sparky....
He wants the ATs for the STREET anyway......so :p

You live on some of the flattest earth that God created, and you like to sling your Jeep around in the mud and on dirt roads. I'm really surprised you aren't interested in adding a little power and speed to your ride. You would have alot more fun with it.

Dual TB intake

Junkpile said:
Give it a chance Sparky....
He wants the ATs for the STREET anyway......so :p

You live on some of the flattest earth that God created, and you like to sling your Jeep around in the mud and on dirt roads. I'm really surprised you aren't interested in adding a little power and speed to your ride. You would have alot more fun with it.

Never said I wasn't interested in it....just don't have the ways and means to do it! :wink:

Yeah the BFG AT's are what I've had on both my Jeep and my Silverado and they last forever. Compared to MT's they're a much nicer ride on the street. Only a little bit of road noise, but it's barely noticeable.

Re: RE: What President Bush

IcyFridge said:
My BFG AT KO that I just got are my second set of ATs. THEY ARE SO AWESOME. I strongly recommend it.
X2. Great tires all around.

Snow, rain, dirt, mud (on an all-terrain scale), highway, longevity. Not a bad rock tire either.

Re: RE: Fantasy Football Time!!

I just picked up a set of Pirelli Scorpion AT's. they look and seem really good so far (I've only had them on for 3 days though) They were a great deal at $100 a pop for 31's (on sale $30 off each at Discount Tire Centers, www.disconttirecenters.com).

Back