axle questions

Sid1966

will gears and carrier from an early xj,bolt in axles, fit in my tj housing,c clip axles?Is it worth effort to swap d35 for chry 8.25? I have afree 8.25 but only 27 spline same as d35?Thanks for any input

Im not shure if it would fit.

I would not replace a 27 spine with a nother 27 spine.

Is your axles broke?

no axles are not broken,I have stock gears in jeep 3.07 have axles out of 96 xj hp d30/ 8.25 combo 3.55 gears have axles out of 80s? xj 4 cylinder hp d30/d35 411 gears.with stock gears really under powered pushing 35s.in three years of wheelin have only broke front axles.i dont play on rock only trails and mud.is a d35 as weak as evrything i have read?

I don't think thay are that week i have about the same setup 97 TJ 2.5 4:11 gears and only running 31"s i run only trails and mud like you no rocks here in michigan i have had my jeep 7 years and hammer on it so im not that easy on it and it has been realy good to me the only thing i have broke is my rear diff and front sway bar links.. im thinking of putting 4:88 gears in mine more low end power but i loose a little wheel speed in the mud but thats ok with me..

The 8 1/4 ring gear and pinion is considerably stronger than the d35. yes both shafts are 27 spline, but should be easy enough to swap out to 29 splines, but at that point, I would just source a 44 or 8.8.

It's really easy to swap the 8.25 to 29 spline. You just swap the shafts and spider gears or put in a locker. The 27 and 29 spline use the same housing.

Back