axle thoughts

Thanks for the correction on that. I was wondering if when they machine the ring gear if it weakens it. I'm not planning on goin that far with it, but if I could find a 60 that I wouldn't have to narrow and buy custom shafts for and didn't cost 6k (rock jocks) I would go that route but that's the main reason for 14 bolt I have been told a ford 8.8 would b fine for 35s but I. Plan on moveing up to 37s sooner or later and my 350 is puttin out 330hp and not sure if that axle would hold it. I don't want to worry at all bout brakeing axles on the trail

Oh and thnx I will look up the high steer build u r talkin about I woul like some info on that. I have saved a post from a guy who listed all the parts and yrs and measurements to narrow front to waggy shafts, don't wrry I will be double checking,, but also all the parts for high steer. I know u have to have knuckles machined and drilled and tapped but for drag link I've been wondering bout it a bit

Jeep made semi float 35 spline D60's that were about 58-ish inches wide found in some of the trucks and CJ10's.
Also some J20 and J2000 series pickups had rear FF 30 spline D60 rears that were in that 58-60" WMS-WMS

J20 and J2000's sometimes peopel will call them gladiator or full size jeep pick up. The 35 spline semi floating axle is very very hard to find. I have only seen 2 in person in my entire life. The 30 spline full floaters are out there and are pretty plentyful.

some pre 1970 ford f150 4x4 also had semi floating 35 spline 60 rear have only seen one in my life! good luck hunting as most of the trucks this age have been crushed long ago

Sounds like hard thing to find, these r kind of the issues that make me want to go with the 14 bolt, easy to find and cheap and easy to get shafts for IF I would ever brake one

Back