BDS Lift

flip124

Anyone here know a price on a 3" BDS TJ lift kit. Ive been looking around on google for a while but have come up with nothing.

Im trying to decide on either BB/BL, Rustys, or BDS.

I have 97 TJ with a 4-banger. I am going to have a 3" BDS lift installed in a few weeks. At my "local" Tire & Off -Road Shop it is $650.00 and installation $250.00 I'm also going to have them install 1.75" coil spacers ($109.00) and a 2" body lift (111.00+300.00 labor) change out to 4.88's(1100.00 parts and labor) and put on a set of 35x14.50 thornbirds.

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
I have 97 TJ with a 4-banger. I am going to have a 3" BDS lift installed in a few weeks. At my "local" Tire & Off -Road Shop it is $650.00 and installation $250.00 I'm also going to have them install 1.75" coil spacers ($109.00) and a 2" body lift (111.00+300.00 labor) change out to 4.88's(1100.00 parts and labor) and put on a set of 35x14.50 thornbirds.

Hey thanks for the price....i guess BDS is out of the question now unless your getting ripped off. The rustys kit is only $459 which is quite a difference for the same equipment.

Oh and id rethink the thornbirds. They are the worst tire SS makes. Id look at something like the TSL Radials or Trxus.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the thornbirds...I had a set on a Bronco once...was wanting to put the SSR's on but with $$$ of all the Mods...had to back-off on the tires this first go-round. I could have gotten a lift cheaper on-line, but was trying to be a "loyal customer" and buy from the Local Shop since they are installing it.
Thanks for the info on the Rusty....I haven't checked that one out...will have to see if they offer one!

Does Rusty's come witht the same warrenty ?....and does the kit contain the same pieces (trac bar relocater, shocks and disco's) ?

call up Darrin at East Coast Off-Road, he will hook you up nicely.

Myself, BostonJeep and OuterbeachYJ have all bought BDS kits from him, he's probably the best guy to get a BDS kit off of around here. Be careful with the cheaper kits, cheaper is not better if you are going to keep using the jeep as a daily driver. I have heard plenty of good from the cheaper kits, but too many horror stories of horrible rides after the lift kit was installed. I shelled out the extra money for the BDS kit and it will be definatly worth it when I get it on next month.

http://www.eastcoastoffroad.com

-Brian

ECOR supporter, Darrin was really helpful w/ my BDS suspension lift. instead of the thornbird, why not get an m/t tire that is a little cheaper. they will probably out handle the birds any day

i have the 3" BDS for my tj and like it for the most part. They are really soft springs so you get tons of flex but makes it a little scary in off camber situations. this summer im switching everything over to either the RE 3.5" or the 4.5" kit i haven't decided. I got my kit from Bob Supplee for around $550 shipped with dt3000's.

who 3.75" and 35's? Me???
I'm going with 3" BDS + 1.75" coil spacers + 2" body lift.....should total over 6" in the "flare" area. I Hope that will clear 35's!!! :)

Back