Bench Bleeding

bobcat481

Ok....just about got the bracket built for the clutch slave cylinder on the Willys. Problem: In the course of all the fabbing I pumped the clutch master and pushed the piston out of the slave. I see how it goes back together, but now I have to re-prime the system. How do I go about bench bleeding the system? Is it as easy as I think it is? Can someone give me a quick how to to make this easier??

The idea is the same as if you were to be hydrated intraveneously. The I.V. bag is always kept higher than the persons body so that the fluid is gravity fed and air always goes up. Same applies on bench bleeding. Fill the master reservoir, install a small tube on the outlet port and install the other end to a bottle filled only to a 1/4 of the amount of fluid the bottle can hold. keep the end of the tube submerged into the fluid in the bottle as you carefully pump the master cylinder. Make sure that the bottle is kept higher than the the unit it's attached to.

As soon as you described it with the I.V. description, I picked up on it right away. Very good description Mike. I'll give it a shot here in a day or three (gonna rain). Thanks once again, Brad

Back