best wax?

bgentry

Hey guys getting ready to detail my tj. It is black so fine scratches and swirl marks show up pretty bad. Was wondering what is the best wax to use. There are so many different brands. Any help would be great.

I have used Mother's liquid wax (red bottle) and it seems to work fairly well. This was the wax recommended for my wife's new VW TDI. Best of luck - John

:lol::lol::lol:But, remember... waxing a Jeep too much can degrade the finish. Small scratches in the paint can usually be hidden with a little mud (big scratches and small dents need several applications allowing a few hours of drying time between coats). Rough spots in the mud, once dried, will need to be burnished and buffed smooth by driving through brush and tree branches. Once the proper patina has been achieved care must be used to avoid getting too much clean water on the Jeep otherwise the scratches will begin to show again. Fortunately, Jeep carpet care is much simpler... All carpeting and floor mats should be rolled up and safely stored in the garage.:lol::lol::lol:

John, you forgot to mention that any scratches in the hood can be properly hidden by having a windshild covered with mud, making sure that only the driver's side wiper works, and removing the washer reservoir to make room for an undehood welder. Any scratches not hidable by the preceeding maintenance tips can be hidden by distracting the viewer with the following combination: top and doors off, windshield on the hood, and una chica bonita in the passenger seat:)

I always use 3M products. They make some of the best stuff out there, but you certainly pay for it!

x2..............ALSO meguires. think #26

also agree with alittle mud helps. and lets face it, if you want your jeep to bling you just as well better leave it in the mall parking lot............:lol:

The homeowners association told me to wash it or move it. So I figured I'd wash it for now and since I was washing go ahead and wax her up too. Thanks for the help.

I'm a detailer by trade and i use a wax named Collinite either a paste wax named marqued elegance or a liquid that uses the#845 insulator wax both are very good I call it buff in a can, you mite have to go to a auto specialty shop for it or google it on line.

Back