BFG M/Ts or Wrangler MT/Rs

31, 32 or 33 inch tire for spare

When you are ready,
Go to you're local Wal-Mart and talk to the auto dept manager.

He can order you 32X11.50X15 MT/R's for $158.00 ea

I got mine in 2 days.

Nobody could touch his price.

!

JaredYJ-- I had a set of 35" Dunlop MTs and I loved them. Lasting forever on a Wrangler, I ran them for almost a year and the current owner is on his second year with them. There wasn't even a comparison between them and the swampers offroad though. I love the old bias-ply TSL. Nothing rides like them, nothing sounds like them, and nothing touches them in all around offroading.

Between the BFG MT and the MTR, I'd take the BFG and run. The MTR sucks in the mud. It floats on the sand okay, but it doesn't bite well enough for quick acceleration. I've also heard the MTR wears out quickly with street use. However, I would assume the MTR would blow the BFG away on dry rocks. Bottom line as far as I'm concerned, the BFG MT has built it's reputation on a long history of being a quality tire, the MTR reputation is based on magazine ads. I must admit, I've never owned any MTRs though, so my opinions of them are based on brief observations of other vehicles.

Sadly I have been looking at my Jeep with 3.5 inches of lift and it needs new tires. I have brand new BFG 31 AT's and rims, so that kinda sucks. Kumho's ??
I hadn't even heard of them,but man do they get great reviews!!!!! that guy isn't the only one that has figured this diamond in rough out. And oddly enough a toyota is sitting on my lot with 31x11.5x15's They look awesome!!
I was sold on BFG's or MTR's but I don't rock crawl, and I do drive mine daily. I think these Kumhos are just the ticket for me. Something to fill the wheel well space, and handle the street as well as the trail.

Thinks "Big meats on my Jeep??.....huh huh huhuhu hahahahaahaaa!!!!!"

Hi guys,
I have 30" GDYR MTR's on my Tj, and I really like them. I have 15K on them and they arent used 70% yet. I dont go off roading alot either......not proud of it. Also I have a friend with them on his new Chevy truck and he has more miles on them than me and drove to Florida (1300 mi. away) 2X. You can tell his r used, but they r still decent.
I like them, and when I need replacements I will go for them again.
Dennis

I am a big fan of the Super Swamper line with the exception of the SSR and the TRXUS. I observed the SSR this past weekend on a built YJ. These things wouldn't pull a string out of a cat's A$$. I could crawl where he had to run 3000 rpm and still had to winch.
Anyway, have you looked at the Baja Claws. The radial line is a decent price, looks good and probably rides good on the road. I see a lot of trucks around here running them. They also have a marginal amount of sidewall tread which is cool.
THe BFG's do come with a trail warranty if you read the fine print. They offer this for the MT and AT KO's. If you tear one up they will come get your vehicle off the trail (or roadside). This may be a selling point for some people.
I run some BFG AT KO's on my 97 Suburban. They ride good for what they are. I went with them because they are Load range D. Meaning they would handle a heavier load (my Jeep trailer).

I've heard the Baja Claws wear quickly. Phatyaspen was complaining about how quickly his were disappearing. They did, however do very well offroad.

Got the 3.5" lift on as well as my new 32x11.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers. I've only been out with them once and they sure seem to have a good bite when it comes to the thick/sloppy mud around here. Road noise is almost non-existant with all the soft-top noise!
jered

The MTR's dont last long but are great on the rocks,dirt,sand.I dont have much experience with mud on these tires.The side walls are tough on these suckers!I will buy them again once they wear out.The BFG MT will last longer but doesnt stick to the rocks nearly as well.

I am getting my 32 inch Mud rovers put on next week, after much debate between those and BFG's. Glad to hear you liked em Jered.

Back