Bikini Top, and Doors

Rudedogg22

#1) Where should I buy a Bikini Top? I have an 03 Rubicon. It only has a hard top, SO how do I install a soft, or Bikini top?

#2) How the hell do I get the Doors off? I have sprayed them down with lubricant. Should I tap them out with a hammer? or is there a better trick?

#3) Half doors, or soft doors? which is better, and where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks

1. Try one of the big offroad companies like 4wd.com or quadratec. If you want to save some cash you could try ebay - tj bikini top, eBay Motors. Great deals on eBay! You'll need a "windshield channel" which is a piece of metal that you will bolt to the top of your windshield - you may have to buy this separately.
  2. There are nuts on the bottom of each hinge (two nuts on each door). You need to loosen these with a wrench. If the doors have never been off, you'll likely have to put some effort into this. Once I took mine off they never went back on. Once the doors are unbolted, open them up, then with one hand on the bottom of the door and lifting up, open and close the door until it wiggles free. The doors are heavy, so be ready.
  3. I like half doors, but they are expensive. I bought a wrecked pair off of ebay, and still spent $400 before I had the upper portions. I'd look at craigslist.

I can help with #2... the best way I have found to remove my doors (BTW, I took the nuts off and kept them off) Roll down your window, reach through with your strong arm, grab the bottom of the door and lift straight up, they should come out easy. They are heavy, but not unbearable.

Protect the paint from the wrench/socket and the hammer you could to tap the bolt from the bottom... Protect the paint.

I can help with #2... the best way I have found to remove my doors (BTW, I took the nuts off and kept them off) Roll down your window, reach through with your strong arm, grab the bottom of the door and lift straight up, they should come out easy. They are heavy, but not unbearable.
This is what I recommend, while slowly swinging the door side to side while pulling up firmly.

DO NOT HAMMER ON THE HINGE BOLTS.

One thing's for sure, come National Topless Day the bikikni top is going to be under the seat~just in case. Never can tell with the weather here~Oregon~where if she had wings, she’d fly south for the winter

This is what I recommend, while slowly swinging the door side to side while pulling up firmly.

DO NOT HAMMER ON THE HINGE BOLTS.

I also recommend the same as bounty__hunter

I keep the nuts off.... swing side to side and pull up it will come off some are easy but some are hard..I do put some lithium grease on the studs it helps for next time..

Back