Body tub

lizzy

Live n northern Indiana and am looking 4 a tub 4 my '86 CJ7! Can neone lead me n the right direction?

There are several companies that sell the tubs. Quadratec, 4WD parts whole saler (I think thats the name), and if you google jeep tubs you will get quite a few more. The steal tubs cost a lot, like around 3000 grand, the fiberglass tubs are around 1200 last I looked.

A YJ tub will swap onto your CJ without too much problem (I believe two of the body mounts don't line up). You'll keep your front fenders and hood, and replace from the windshield back. It's a good swap, as many of the YJs have better rust proofing.

A buddy of mine has one that's in fair shape, needs one floor patch but I'd say it's too far away for ya.

A YJ tub will swap onto your CJ without too much problem (I believe two of the body mounts don't line up). You'll keep your front fenders and hood, and replace from the windshield back. It's a good swap, as many of the YJs have better rust proofing.

Yup, The YJ tub will fit with a little modification. I've done a couple with no problems. Lots of info on the web about it.

Swapped mine when the old CJ body finally became a colander. Lol. yj tubs are $300 to $500 depends on the condition and year. Easy swap. Dime a dozen on west coast. Keep the cj roll bar and fenders everything bolts right up. Gas tank side switches but that's easy to fix. Get the new tub painted and rhino lined too if you want. You might make some new holes for the clutch linkage. The two mounts in front of the gas tank won't line up like others said but you could re drill for them or forget them. I didn't use them. It's a great project to really clean up your jeep and get the areas that you can't always see. Have fun

Back