Bought some wheels and tires? Did I do ok?

flatie46

I saw an ad on craigslist today for some Mickey Thompson wheels and tires. I went to see 'em and thought it was a reasonable deal so I gave the guy some money to hold 'em till monday when the bank opens. Anyway, I bought 5 Mickey classic II's and 5 Mickey Thompson baja radial MTX's [31-10.50- 15] with all the lug nuts and centers for $550. 4 of 'em are better than half tread no dry rot or marks. The spare has never been run. Did I do ok? Gotta be better than the street tread tires I've got on it and one wheel that don't match.:D

You got 10 tires?for 550? Id say you did pretty well

I swear I thought it said MTX. I've got a pic on my cell phone but the angle I took it was more of the tread. Did they used to make an MTX?

I don't think so. Google mtz and compare the tread pattern.

They don't make the MTX any more. It's different than the MTZ. The MTZ is a mud tire and the MTX was a street/AT tire.

They don't make the MTX any more. It's different than the MTZ. The MTZ is a mud tire and the MTX was a street/AT tire.
They are MTX's, I googled them and the tread pattern is the same. They must be older tires then. I looked 'em over good and didn't see any dry rot or cracks. Just by lookin' at 'em I wouldn't have guessed 'em to be old. I think I'll still take 'em. I've got a friend that ownes a tire store, he told me tires were fixin' to go up due to oil prices. He said it was gonna be a big jump.

Back