Can I run a Lockright locker in the front without power stee

jackal

I have a 78 Cj7 and I am told I can't run a Lock right locker in the front without power steering.

If I do, they reccomend an Air or electric locker. I think I would be able to steer it with a Lockright locker. Can anyone tell me if they have done this? I have lockout hubs, so it wouldn't be engaged all of the time.

Thanks,

JAckal
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

That´s the thing about a front locker, even a mild one, the vehicle doesn´t really want to turn. In the really loose stuff with a little bit of power, you don´t really need a steering wheel as it usually won´t turn anyway.

Just an oppinion, but personally, I prefer a good mechanical locker in the back. And use the steering wheel to load and unload the front diff. (turn left and right)in the loose stuff. Of course if your a straight ahead mud racer by all means, install a slip front locker.

I had a tractor with a mechanical front locker, got real interesting sometimes between getting stuck and turning. Sounds idiotic but a bigger steering wheel does help.

Larson Corp. in Minna Minn. will fix you up with the main necessities for power steering for about two bills.

[addsig]

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the information. It is good to hear first hand answers from someone who has done it ,and been there. The manufacturers have salesmen who try to tell you what to do and they have never been in a 4WD.

Thanks,

JAckal
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back