can someone help me with surface rust question?

thanks everyone for the input! i'm actually going with a different jeep that i found locally (the other two were sight unseen buys). however, the one i'm getting is a 4 cyl. so, hopefully it will be powerful enough for my purposes! :) i'm looking fwd to joining the jeep owners club!

Welcome to the JEEP world.If there is not enough pep make a new post we will help you with some advice to put some pep into the 4 banger.

OIL????? what to turn it into a giant dust magnet

Exactly.

Living in the north east, driving it all year round, I oil the heck out of it on a cool fall day. Then blast up and down the dustiest dirt roads I can find. It helps the oil stay put. I use a mix of old crank case oil, and bar and chain oil. The bar & chain oil because its got "tack additives" to make it sticky.

Yeah, It can be a drag when you have to work on it, but the trade off is worth it if you've seen what the salt does to rigs up here.

Glad you found a nice one local Pharmgrrrl. I know I'd be damned nervous buying one without being able to drive/look it over. And I'm sure rust is no longer an issue. Have fun with it!

Roger

Back