Can't decide which jeep to get. Opinion please.

It dont matter,just get one. When ya wear it out youll be looking around for more.

JEEP= Almost Heaven

The TJ has the most aftermarket parts. so that if there's something about your jeep you do not like, you can change it. The JK is more comforable...if you're into that sort of thing.

Personally, I like a jeep that has the ride of a rutting bull.

I've had enough jeeps to know that if you want to be able to carry stuff, the XJ is the way to go. They are cheaper than TJs and less likely to have been used offroad or abused.

They can wheel as good as any jeep and you can sleep in it

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

We got a 97 TJ a few months ago, mostly for my daughter. 4-banger automatic, 142,000 miles, excruciatingly original condition and in beautiful shape for 13 years old. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it handles on-road. The last Jeep I'd been in was a CJ-7 about 30 years ago and it rattled your teeth. 31's would fit for sure without lifting it.

I have always wanted a jeep. I have been looking at the XJ, wrangler (TJ) or the WJ's. However i have no experience with them and was wondering which one is the better one out their? Have about $10000 to play with.

The car will be used for/need:
-daily driver
-4x4
-some storage area
-be easy to maintain, not too many problems beside regular fluid changes and small things;plugs, air filter, etc...
-easy and cheap to find parts for if broke
-long lasting
-modification- lift for sure.

I know the 4.0 I6 has very good reputation as long lasting engine so that's what I'm looking for along with automatic transmission. I will not be doing rock crawling or go mudding, however I do want to lift which ever jeep I get for looks mostly.

I'm happy with both TJ's i've owned. I have not had the opportunity to drive any other jeep, so i cant comment for the others.

Wrangler 2003 sport:
sold it at 104,000 miles.

Wrangler 2006 X:
bought it after selling the 2003. I plan on keeping this one a long time.

Storage? if you are a family guy, forget it. There is none. I used up the small space for storage behind the back seat and threw in two 10" subwoofers for better sound.

Maintenance? I've read almost all jeeps are easy to work on. So far i have not had any issues with either jeep that i could not solve my self. I even got the radiator changed on one with no previous experience. Plenty documentation online to get the job done right and everything seems to be easy access.

easy and cheap to find parts for if broke
If you watch your local salvage yard, you will notice parts fly off wrangler bodies as soon as they get them in. They are cheap too. Ive seen half doors at 50.00 each.

-long lasting: Be nice to it, and it will be nice to you.

You can put a 3.25 suspension lift on the TJ for about 380.00 or less (plus labor if you dont do it your self) It can be done without much modification at all. Aparently its super easy according to most people who do it. Im planning on a rough country 3.25 lift on my 2006 which I use as a daily driver.
Check it out: Jeep TJ Suspension Lift

I have always wanted a jeep. I have been looking at the XJ, wrangler (TJ) or the WJ's. However i have no experience with them and was wondering which one is the better one out their? Have about $10000 to play with.

The car will be used for/need:
-daily driver
-4x4
-some storage area
-be easy to maintain, not too many problems beside regular fluid changes and small things;plugs, air filter, etc...
-easy and cheap to find parts for if broke
-long lasting

I know the 4.0 I6 has very good reputation as long lasting engine so that's what I'm looking for along with automatic transmission. I will not be doing rock crawling or go mudding, however I do want to lift which ever jeep I get for looks mostly.

I'm happy with both TJ's i've owned. I have not had the opportunity to drive anything else, so i cant comment for the others.

Wrangler 2003 sport:

Wrangler 2006 X:

Storage? if you are a family guy, forget it. There is none. I used up the small space for storage behind the back seat and threw in two 10" subwoofers for better sound.

Maintenance? I've read almost all jeeps are easy to work on. So far i have not had any issues with either jeep that i could not solve my self. I even got the radiator changed on one with no previous experience. Plenty documentation online to get the job done right and everything seems to be easy access.

If you watch your local salvage yard, you will notice parts fly off wrangler bodies as soon as they get them in. They are cheap too. Ive seen half doors at 50.00 each.

You can put a 3.25 suspension lift on the TJ for about 380.00 or less (plus labor if you dont do it your self) It can be done without much modification at all. Aparently its super easy according to most people who do it. Im planning on a rough country 3.25 lift on my 2006 which I use as a daily driver.

I'm happy with both TJ's i've owned. I have not had the opportunity to drive anything else, so i cant comment for the others.

Wrangler 2003 sport:

Wrangler 2006 X:

No family living single and do not mind just yet. I also plan on having couple subs in my jeep, that was the reason for wanting storage area.

No family living single and do not mind just yet. I also plan on having couple subs in my jeep, that was the reason for wanting storage area.

Ah. I run two 10" JL audio's in the back of my wrangler. there is enough storage for that.

Back