Carb Problem??

Rod Kandel

OK, My step dad awhile back had some problems keeping the jeep running so he tweeked on the adjustment screws. then when i checked it out it turned out he had a severe vacum leak. so I fixed it and tweek the carb back but it is still alittle off.. it is a one barrel with the adiustment screws in the front toward the front of the jeep.. it seem to idle ok but when i am cruising down the road at 55 it sputters and smells like it is running to rich.. should i just back one of the screws off till it runs better or is there another trick? Thanks guys

find out what type of carb it is and see if you can google the settings. there are common settings you can use for a base until someone tells you how to set it exactly but until you find the carb type, we can only give you basic settings

superj said:
find out what type of carb it is and see if you can google the settings. there are common settings you can use for a base until someone tells you how to set it exactly but until you find the carb type, we can only give you basic settings

Thanks SuperJ. I will do that :)

Back