carbs

the 304 V-8 my carb is a piece I want to put a bigger carb and a new intake manifold and valve covers. Thats if I dont put a rebuilt engine in[addsig]

I don't know about results of carbs on a 304 v8, but i can tell you that on a 256 inline 6, the Weber carb literaly worked miracles on my neglected 20 year old engine.

It purrs like a kitten now when idling, and the power increases are dramatic to say the least.

It still bogs and mis-fires when i drive it hard, but thats just because the ignition is still stock. Thinking about going TFI soon.

The only thing i would mention as a note of caution with the weber is that it is apparently not street legal in california.

[addsig]

Any of those name brand carbs will be just fine for you. Just make sure you match the CFM of the new carb to your displacement and any mods you might have made on the 304. [addsig]

Any of those name brand carbs will be just fine for you. Just make sure you match the CFM of the new carb to your displacement and any mods you might have made on the 304. [addsig]

OK I am a big dummie I have heard of CFM but how do I found out what I need. I had a bronco with a 351 win and a eldebrock (600cfm?? I think) with a RV cam in it and it was wonderful. So any who what size/cfm do I need for the 304 v-8 I might put some headers on. 90% of my driving is everyday in town driving. I live in utah so it snows good here. take it camping stuff like that no Moab or drag races . But when I yell gitty up I want it to gitty up instead of cough bang in a minute. This site is great thanks for everyones help[addsig]

Back