changed motor and trans mount

superj

the trans mount bracket, that bolts to the bottom of the transmission, was not even hooked up. the transmission was just sitting on top of it.

the motor mounts were split in half. that explains the odd feeling i was getting when making a right turn. the engine was torquing and one side was lifting up which would pull the accelerator cable more then i wanted and cause the jeep to accelerate unexpectedly.

20110911164423-1.jpg

old soggy trans mount

20110911164442-1.jpg

passenger side motor mount

20110911164458-1.jpg

driver's side motor mount

dropped the trans cross member and cleaned it out and wire brushed any rust. sprayed it all and then reinstalled everything with the new mount. took the ol jeep on the highway to try it out, got right up to highway speed like nothing. cruised along at 95 like i was in a little car.

i really think this motor is one of those mixed stroker motors. why else would i have a 99 4.0 block and an 87 4.2 head?

Those are some nasty looking mounts. You should pickup some fancy yellow motor mounts. Everyone knows that yellow's the fastest color.

Attachments

• motor-mounts.jpg
    motor-mounts.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 401
are those the brown dog ones? i am planning on moving over to those fairly quickly. the new mounts are from orielly's and are made in korea. they felt poorly made and sure enough, as soon as i started tightening the nuts on them, the tack welds broke loose and the stud started turning. if you get any motor or trans mounts and hte manufacturer is anchor, tell them you don;t want them. they are terrible

Yeah, they are the brown dog 1" lift rubber ones and they are pretty sweet. They originally shipped me the poly ones and I didn't realize it until they were installed. My side mirrors vibrated so badly they weren't usable. They guys at brown dog were nice though and swapped them out for the correct rubber ones.

cool. those are definitely on my get list. i almost got them this time but i needed the mounts now so i had to settle for these not so great ones for now

Back