Cheap Lifts?

Blue Rust

I have a 76 Cj5 with a stock lift on it sitting on 32s. I wanted to know if there was any cheap way or cheap lift package (in the low $500 range) that i could get? I wanted to lift it to about 4 inchs would it be better to buy or build my own lift? Any type of help would be thankful

I wouldn't go the shackle lift route over one in. of lift. I have a 2 1/2 Superlift and one in. longer, greasable shackles (maybe 1/2 lift) on my CJ7. This setup would cost 500 or so. I would tell you how it rides, but my Jeep is still in pieces. :roll: It makes my 31's look small.

The cheapest way would be a 1" shackle left, a 1" body left, and some sawzall work (YJ rear flares can help as well).

you can check here... Hell Creek Suspensions
Jeep Page - Hell Creek Suspensions, Inc., Jeep 4WD parts, Jeep lift kits, Jeep suspension systems, Jeep 4x4 parts, Jeep four wheel drive, Jeep four wheel drive parts, Jeep truck parts, Jeep shocks, shocks for Jeeps, Jeep off* road parts, lift kits fo
scroll down and you'll see the 4" lift for $439.95 (675H)
i got the 4" lift from them about 4 1/2 yrs ago and never had a problem... customer service and communication was great! but it has been a while so do some research first - make sure they're still making their own springs for the 4" lift... they werent for the 2" on the YJ's and I heard bad things (but none on the 4" kits) - very complete kits and all the hardware and shocks are (were) Rancho... like i said - mine is over 4yrs old and still doing great (gets better with age it seems .... ) just my $.02

Last edited:
Back