• image-3163712419.jpg
    image-3163712419.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 307
  • image-454133420.jpg
    image-454133420.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 322
XJdunnz said:
Got my new shoes on today,

Nice lookin rig. I wish mine was that clean lol. I got lots of Alberta pinstripping. Oh well. If it's kinda ugly it hurts less when it gets pushed up against a tree lol.

Jester32 said:
Nice lookin rig. I wish mine was that clean lol. I got lots of Alberta pinstripping. Oh well. If it's kinda ugly it hurts less when it gets pushed up against a tree lol.

I hear ya, mines pretty photogenic but up close you can see the bad paint spots and battle scars. But hey its a jeep it has character.

XJdunnz said:
I hear ya, mines pretty photogenic but up close you can see the bad paint spots and battle scars. But hey its a jeep it has character.

Thats why I use rattle can paint jobs

I don't bother painting I just replace the whole panel lol. Find another red Cherokee. All my doors are slightly diff red haha.

I kinda like the dents, kinda like tattoos for my heep and each tells a story.

Ya. Me to but when I break something I break it good. The last time I was out I had to use a tree as a pivot point lol. A tight 120 degree corner on a trail made by a quad. And a hill I couldnt back out lol. Poor door and window. Lol.

My last trip out cost me a rear drive shaft (Tom Woods) and a front lockright. All in the first 30 minutes on the first big rock. Had to be towed off the trail.

Ya ive broke a few drive shafts. That door was right after I changed my left front axle u joint in the snow lol.

I had a u-bolt get loose and got real bad spring wrap and it broke both ears off the yoke of the drive shaft and I can't just go to any jy to get another one. I replaced it with one that has a 1350 size yoke so I don't have to run a ******* joint anymore. I have a D 60 rear.

I miss my Brutus so bad. :( been at my mechanics since sat. I'm stuck driving a Buick rendezvous. And of course two days after I drop him off we get 12" of snow that this thing barely moves in. I want my jeep to be done :( lol

I'd just swap in some 29 spline axles in the 8.25. It's a pretty good axle and will hold 35s. 8.8s are OK I just can see spending the time and effort for another axle with c-clips.

Just got my wife her first Jeep. 99 with 57k.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110226_130246.png
    ForumRunner_20110226_130246.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 307
She used to swear by little cars then she met me and drove my Jeep once and has hated her Honda since.

Last edited:

She used to swear by little cars then she met me and drove my Jeep once and has hated her Honda since.

This is true.... but I have now had my 99 for a full day and I must say that I absolutely LOVE it! I can't wait to get it all dirty! :shades:

That's purdy. I almost bought a 99 Laredo a few weeks back from a buddy of mine but someone beat me to it. It was lifted 4" and done right, I know cause I put it on.

Back