Child car seats

i remember hte same thing from when i was a kid. that and riding in the back of the truck to go to the store or something. of course, i remember cars that had three rows of seats back in the day too, i know ya'll do also. the big old wagons with the rear most seat that faced the back and folded up from the floor.

maybe you guys can pick up the child in a different vehicle then the jeep so you can avoid the trouble

My guess is that she has the wrong child seat. It's true that there isn't much room in a Wrangler's backseat, and if you get one that's too big then it's going to push up against the front seat. I found that If I slide the front seat forward there was plenty of room.

As to having to sell the Jeep, that's hogwash. Jeep has met or exceeded all guidelines set forth by the NTSB (National Transportation Saftey Board). A Jeep has no different safety requirements for a child seat, than any other vehicle.

From my personal experience, it's much easier to use a car seat that has a detachable base. You leave the base in the Jeep and pop out the carrier.

Those look like tha happiest kids in the world :D

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but we just bought my wife a 2011 Unlimited, and we did have a problem with the car seat.

The problem was that the headrest did not allow the carseat to fit into the Jeep's seat completely and at the proper angle.

This was easily remedied, though, by tilting the back seat forward a bit which allows the headrest to be folded back. Once that was done and the headrest held in place, we were then able to properly secure the carseat and let the headrest go.

Back