clinking in transmission area??

cjseven84

Well the Jeep is makein funny noises again!! I jsut got my timing fixed on my 1984 cj 7 and now when i hit the gas and let off of it really quick i hear a clinking noise like chains rattling around in my transmision area i checked my fluid and that was full and good does anyone know what it might be??
image-missing.png
[addsig]

can you put the sound in a more specfic place...could be the t-case if its a chain rattleing sound.[addsig]

could be the transmission mounts....on mine there is 3 bolts in total that hold my transmission and t-case np231 to the skidplate(not sure if its the same set up on the cj)...maybe one of em backed of ...loose boot maybe??? i only mention the t-case cause from what i have heard it is chain driven...didnt mean to alarm you.[addsig]

real good point above...my 85 cj did it forever til i pin pointed it...once it was just a broken transmission mount bolt...torque bar (the one that sits alone to the left)...it was just clicking around...but was surprisingly loud enough to hear at highway speeds...second time my exhaust pipe was just very lightly clanking against the transmission/t. case...even though at idle it was a good 2" away from them....check it out![addsig]

unless you changed it you t-case should be a dana 300. The

rattling could be a syncro going bad in the transmission.[addsig]

Back