Close to pulling the trigger

Got my eyeball on this tonight.

From the vin# and auto check report
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mountain / Willys Edition / X Has IL6 and auto, but could anyone tell me the axles and gear ratio on this or is that something I need to make a call to dealer.Owner doesnt know and tried searching the net. Still a newbie to Jeeps
thanks

Got my eyeball on this tonight.

From the vin# and auto check report
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mountain / Willys Edition / X Has IL6 and auto, but could anyone tell me the axles and gear ratio on this or is that something I need to make a call to dealer.Owner doesnt know and tried searching the net. Still a newbie to Jeeps
thanks

Interestingly, if you have not discovered this yet yourself, if you take just what you wrote there above and copy paste it into Google, it then leads to the exact details of what you have listed. There, it then goes into further details. Its very helpful for all of us in researching our Jeeps. The other details of gear ratio for that particular Jeep should be stamped somewhere on the Jeep or in paperwork with the Jeep somewhere.

I know everything about mine, VEX, but am doing this sort of thing to find out more about Atlas Transfercases.

Hope that is helpful. And by the way TJs rock!!

Robert

Robert, you cannot receive private messages.

i would have to find an old school 6 cylinder distributor to run in my 87 then.

Ah, let me fix that on private messages. Thank you for letting me know. I'll re-set that in my control panel.

Yes, on the distributor. Shop around and new/old shops can lead you to the best that would work for you. I just ended up with the 440 Dodge Magnum Distributor and it worked out great for insert into the cam interface.

Robert

Seems the 4 cylinders are sitting for sale longer than the 6. But not much longer in my area. No lie, a couple of 6 cylinder Jeeps I looked at last week actually went up in price. Guess they felt gas was going up, so will the price of the Jeep. Go figure. So maybe I'll put th 2.4L SMFI I4 on the table again. Reading mixed reviews about 2.4L good and bad. Having allot of fun looking though. I'll snap it up when I see it. You just know it. I have read so many times that the straight 6 is bullet proof. Started focusing on the classic CJ5 and CJ7 now. Something about them has drawn me in. Simple design. I am willing to roll my sleeves up and get dirty in restoration for the right one. Buy maybe I'll find one already done. Will keep updating as I go along.
Thanks

Fantastic. CJ7s totally rock!! (well, jeez Robert, wonder why you would say that?..........der)

Robert

image-missing.png

What was your gearing? I drive between Panama and Costa Rica, and with 33's and 4.88 gears, I can hold 50 at least going uphill (depends on the hill), and most of the time I am at 60 mph heading uphill...

man it has been a while but I wan to say 4.56 but it is hard to remember back so long ago. Like i said, it was great here in FL, but man that first hill I hit and I was almost crawling backwards LOL

Mick

Back