Cool toy for your kids, or yourself!!

RE: Hate to bash, but....

cool stuff, i might have to get one now... hah. i like the axles, what are they supposed to be, 5 ton rockwells? definatley cool, having the sponsors liek sams offroad and detroit and fabtech on there is real cool

RE: Hate to bash, but....

theres a guy who actually posted the Mod's on his little rock crawler
image-missing.png

The Mods:
~Removed stickers (they looked to tacky for my liking)
~Cut 5 coils and made the bottom coils wider (in an attempt to make them softer)
~Streched wheel base....Front: 1/4" Rear: 1/2"
~Comp-cut style rear end
~Headlights, Rocklights, and Taillights (LED) with 4AA battery pack
~"Sharpied": Roll cage, sliders, stinger, and bed cover. (I used a sharpie since I know regular spray paint will chip off as often as this thing rolls)
~I filled the "holes" in the wheels in with more sharpie. Makes them look more realistic by being "see through"

Planned mods:
~Wider tires
~Paint or sharpie control arms and spacers black
~Give it a TT by moving the rigs battery up

RE: Hemi Jeep or Restore My 87 Wrangler?

that thing is sick as all get out. still no match for my revo, but ill bet for the price its a good little RC

RE: Hemi Jeep or Restore My 87 Wrangler?

In the rocks that thing would own my tmaxx. I want one!

Man, thats going to make some youngsters into Jeepers for life.

Re: RE: found at 3am: Couch on fire in middle of street (pic

I saw this thing at walmart, its huge!! I want one! They also have a smaller version for like, 50 or 60 bucks...

Nathan

Shock Absorber preferences

Green97TJ said:
I saw this thing at walmart, its huge!! I want one! They also have a smaller version for like, 50 or 60 bucks...

Nathan

How big is this one and how big is the smaller one? I gotta get me one of those! A kid can never have too many toys, right? 8)

RE: Re: Thanks for all the responses.

I almost bought one of those a couple weeks back, I could not justify spending $150 for it..

this may sound stupid...

Hmm.... Id say the big one was between 2 and 3 feet long... the smaller oneprobably about 1 1/2 foot... thats just guessing, its been a while since I seen the big one, or really even since I looked at the little one.

Nathan

Re: alloy axle shafts

Sully said:

I have a TMaxx too. That thing is awesome, but it'd be no good if it tangoed with my Tmaxx... full rollcage, lotsa aluminum, 40 some-odd MPH, etc. That thing is all plastic.

I'd like to see one I could run through water and mud without fear of destroying it :twisted:

RE: new front axle

TwistedCopper said:
Sully said:

I have a TMaxx too. That thing is awesome, but it'd be no good if it tangoed with my Tmaxx... full rollcage, lotsa aluminum, 40 some-odd MPH, etc. That thing is all plastic.

I'd like to see one I could run through water and mud without fear of destroying it :twisted:

It really wouldn't take much to water-proof one. I did it with my old RC buggy back in the '80s. A little silicone here, a little wax there and it's good to go. Ran it into the lake on several occasions without any problems (other than retrieval once). We built a track of sorts on the beach and one hairpin turn was right at the water's edge, so the slightest miscue and you were in the drink.

Best Top 2-Piece Hardtop

That might do the trick on a battery powered RC10, but my TMaxx runs on nitro fuel :twisted:

I just got one these for christmas and they are alot of fun, so i thought i would dig up this old thread to give it a thumbs up.

I got my son a Nikko version at WE B Toys.
It rocks and has alot of neat decals from Fabtech and the like.
It has twin axle motors so all 4 wheels pull and the tires are air downs.
Pretty cool..

Oh man, One of the guys at the shop has the 1:10 scale one from Wally World. It's pretty neat on the rockpile out back. They can't possibly weigh 40 pounds. The 1:10 one only weighs maybe 5#s. I want to convert one of the big ones over to nitro power. Alot of people are doing that now usnig parts from other trucks. I've seen guys put $2500 into one of those little $100 rigs.

These little trucks are almost as addictive as the real thing!!

I got a 1:8 scale HPI Savage 25 Limited Edition for Christmas. That thing weighs 11.5 pounds!! Three speed, dual stainless disc brakes, the engine has a claimed 2.5hp.....I eat Tmaxxs for lunch. Between the guys at the shop we've got a couple of those little rock climbers, a Tmaxx, a Revo, an LST2, and my Savage. At lunch we look like a bunch of ten year olds out in the parking lot. I've got almost $800 in this truck already....and climbing. What the heck is up with gas costing $30 a gallon for these things?!?

I know I'm stupid, no need to point it out.:lol:

Back