cooling troubles!

I went to school to work on cars and we were thought that it should overheat without a thermostat due to restriction in flow giving coolant enough time to absorb heat. That being said I have owned over 50 cars in my life and have had at least 8 or 9 that did not have a thermostat and all of them ran about 15 or 20 degrees under normal operating temp.

Previous Poster's point --- Is taken--and has merit. All that being said--- With Todays Automotive Technology (Computers, sensors, and Catalytic Converters etc). The Jeeps and Cars are DESIGNED to Run at a certain operatíng Temperature(like 195 deg). If we REMOVE the Thermostat. --- We will RUN the Vehicle at a Temperature it was NOT designed to run at. This can decrease MPG---cause Cooling Problems--- Excessive wear on the Engine and other problems as well. WHY would we want to do this? The best idea is still to RUN the Vehicle with the correct TEMP Thermostat that it was designed to run with. In the LONG run --- it will pay many benefits! JB

Back