Cut Soft Top

jeepfan555

So about 3 weeks ago I was really excited about getting my new Half Top Soft Top, and then last night happened. I really wish I didn't have it. I take a summer class at my local college to make up some credits. I got out of class at 8:45, which is 45 mins early. When I walk over to my car I noticed that there was some pieces of the top laying on the back of it, then I noticed that someone had cut about a 2in cut in the back screen window. This got me really mad because not only did I have no idea who did it but I couldn't even repair it because that part of the top is attached to the entire top. I figure the only good thing that came out of it was that nothing was stolen. Why the do people do stuff like this?

I understand your anger, but might want to tone down the expletives. Yes, even though you masked them, we know what you're saying. I woke one morning to find a hole melted in my driver's side plastic window just big enough so the thief could fit his arm in and open my door. If the genius would've looked, my doors don't even have locks! Idiot. So then he takes the faceplate to my CD-player... not the whole deck, just the faceplate. I had a CB radio too that he looked at (I know cause it was in my locked center console which he pryed open) and didn't take that. So he had a cd face that doesn't work without the deck and I had a deck that didn't work without the face and I had to buy a new window.

People are just jerks. I hate people.

corey

The thief was just shopping....

I may have an idea for you.

Easter '03 we towed our old CJ7 down to Death Valley. Springtime is
quite windy in the desert.

I had the full softop on as I always do on our springtime tow to the desert.

I don't know how, but somehow the top came loose started flapping away
and alot of the seams pulled apart from the threads.

It is a supertop in pretty good shape, or was anyway. I have all the pieces it has just come apart at the seams.

I have been shopping new supertops when it occured to me :
Why couldn't a quality auto uphostery shop just restitch the seams ??

I can't believe it would cost what a new supertop goes for $500-$700.

Same for you. Take your Jeep to a quality auto upholstery shop
and see what they can do for you. Maybe nuthin'.

BUT,
It doesn't cost anything to ask.....

Back