Dalian China...

KIWI

Well I have moved from Sunny Sandy Abu Dhabi to Dalian, Nor-eastern China.

Seen a few lifted JK's with Warn bumpers and winches - but the drivers are non English speaking - surprise surprise!

Anyway - Intel is building a big Hi Tech plant here and there are meant to be "a few hundred Americans" moving here.

Keen to link up with any jeepers / offroaders living around the area.

worth a try.

Cheers
Mark

Glad you made it Mark. That's quite a change in cultures and environment. Egg Rolls and Sushi!!!!!!!!! yummy. Good luck.

Heaps of Sushi here
The Japanese occupied this place (Dalian) for 1/2 of the last century!

Now they have 100's of factories here making electronics.

The place is full of Japanese holiday makers and technical workers.
So year had sushi for dinner tonight
:lol::lol::lol:

I just like good ol fashioned American food . . . . you know, hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, burritos, but then again, I never tried that stuff so ya never know.

It'ld be great to learn about the different cultures. What are the Chinese people like, friendly or anti-American like most of the world?

Yep sold the Jeep to another KIWI mate in ABU DHABI - it'll be back in the sand soon - getting suspension bushes replaced and bit of a tidy up - Gave it heaps for 16 months in the sand - at speed in the heat! great fun + really miss the sand action - see AVAN thread with pictures.

Plenty of good USA food here - will a few places sell it. Good Chicargo pizza joint run by a American - best pizza I ve had in Years...

Attachments

• Jeep stuck.jpg
    Jeep stuck.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,913
  • n727140680_1335854_180.jpg
    n727140680_1335854_180.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 319

well , we are gonna miss you over here in AUH Mark , have fun over there ;)

Cheers DUDE,

Hope to get back to Abu Dhabi one day - enjoyed the place, people & loved the sand n desert

regards
Mark

HI Mark

Your Jeep or should I say "ex-Jeep" will be in action this weekend. Doing an Iftar trip with Tom on Friday. Going to be strange seeing your Jeep taking the easier lines thru the sand.

Welcome to China!!!

I'm a Chinese guy but I do speak English. I love offroading and I'm driving a 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero Black 4X4. My truck is pretty easy to find because it has a Canada flag sticker and a USA flag sticker which has "Proud to be an American, just not proud of our president" written on it. If you see me driving by, you are welcome to knock on my window. We can hang out sometime!!! Let me know if you guys are planning to have an offroad trip some where around Dalian. I'll be glad to join you!!

By the way, call me Wally.

SDC10709 - Copy.JPG

SDC10712.JPG

Welcome to the site Wally, if I ever get over your way I'll keep an eye peeled out for ya. Nice bunch of jeepers here, with a couple of turkeys hanging out . Yup I'm one of the turkeys hanging out ,with out a jeep . But I'll be back to being a jeeper one day, and be rid of the turkey status. It's a great place to learn and the folks are pretty cool. Welcome Bro

Oh yeah Wally, you posted on a thread that hasn't been used in a couple of years, I've done the same thing.

Well..... I guess I'm one of the turkeys hanging out, with out a Jeep jeep too. I'll be getting a 4x4 truck one day so I guess I'll be always a turkey then.... HAHAHA.... Nice to know you man!!!

Hi

Just moved to Dalian. Owned a couple of Jeeps in my time, and looking for a second-hand Rubicon/Wrangler.

Anyone know a good source?

How about Jeep in Dalian? Whats the likely cost second hand contract hire?

Hope you can help.

HiJust moved to Dalian. Owned a couple of Jeeps in my time, and looking for a second-hand Rubicon/Wrangler.Anyone know a good source?How about Jeep in Dalian? Whats the likely cost second hand contract hire?Hope you can help.
I guess maybe you can go to the used auto mall in Houyan by the entrance of the Shenda Hwy. I've been there and it was a big auto mall. You can find lots of used vehicles there. Hope this could help you.

Back