Decent "noise"

vavs

Hey guys,
My question is how deep of a speaker will go in the doors of a '95 YJ? I am intersted in buying a set of Alpine Type R component speakers to go in my doors. However, I have no idea if they would bottom out or not. The spacers they sell are like $50 and I don't really want to spend that. So if anyone has done this, or just happens to know how deep the doors really are let me know. Any helpfull input is welcome. Thanks alot.
Vavs[addsig]

I would recomend getting the speaker boxes that go between the rollbar and rear fender. I have those with 6x9Polk Audios 3ways, 4x6 Pioneer 2ways up front, and a Pioneer deck. It sounds great. I would think that it would be kinda of a waste putting speakers in the doors because they are off so much. Just throughing out an idea :-D Evan[addsig]

BigT,
What do u mean there is no room in the door? Do you mean that the doors aren't hollow? Or do you mean there is not a gap between the door pannel and the door?
Evan,
Last summer it was only warm enough to have the doors off you about 4 days. I think that I can sacrifice four days of alright music (comming from the back) for 361 days of awesome music. The rear boxes are a good idea, I am going to buy those and put in Alpine Type R 6X9's, that way the passengers will have something to hear also.

Thanks for the replies, keep um comming.

Vavs
[addsig]

I live in Juliaetta, ID. I am sure you have never herd of it, but it is about 3 hrs. away form Spokane, Wa. Last summer really sucked, it would get up to about 70 and then rain every other day.
vavs[addsig]

I mean that the doors have so much cross member stuff and they're not all that "deep". The magnet of a speaker may be pressed against the door itself.[addsig]

Find another way dude the jeep doors are thin and solid. Good Luck Tug[addsig]

I've done installations on a number of different vehicles and most of the time we made our own spacers. Just get a jigsaw and cut a spacer out of wood...it's simple. Install the spacer under the inner doorskin if you can or if you can't hide it, then make a nice lookin' spacer out of some oak or something and sand and finish it with some black paint or nice stain. Or if you know how, you can make one out of fiberglass.[addsig]

Alright,
Here is how it is going to end up. Alpine type R component set in the doors with Alpine type R 6X9's in boxes in the back, powered by an Alpine 4channel amp custom mounted in the dash. A JL Audio Stealth box in between the front seats with a 12" W3v2 powered by a 300watt 2 channel JL Audio amp. Oh, and the deck I have is a Pioneer DEH 7300. I think I fogot to metion XM radio. Should be cool. Thanks for all you help!
vavs[addsig]

Back