Diamond tread

ISAXDQB

I am gonna be cutting and making my own diamond tread rocker panels and rear corner covers this weekend out of .063" thick 3003H22 Aluminum diamond tread...What would be the best way to mount these to the body? any suggestions , ideas?

the best approach for ayj would be to take the side step and plastic moulding off of the sides leaving only the fender flares. then cut your d-plate to fit in between the two fender flares, flush with the bottom and fairly close to the edge of the door opening. as for the corners you would have to bend the plate or use massive amounts of weild to get around the corners. i would get a shop to put the bends in the plate and then cut it out to specs.

I used Rivets to attach mine. Rivet tool costs 20 bucks and Rivets cost 3 bucks. You will need to buy a Drill bit for sheetmetal and doctor up the holes with some primer befor you rivet them in.

I like you don't have the bent bottom to go under the rocker but, I am getting Rock sliders so I saw no need.

I thought about making my own, but you can find diamond plate parts pretty cheap on ebay. I decided it wasn't worth it to do it myself and risk screwing it up. I think I paid about 50 bucks for the right angle shaped rocker panels. I haven't done the corners yet. But to answer your question, I just got a couple stainless bolts and drilled holes.

The reason Im doing this is I have an unlimited supply of 3003 diamond tread aluminum...my regular job when im not playing ball is for a master distributor of aluminum sheet plate rod and extrusions, and I get the aluminum straight from the mill...I chose .063 thick because it is bendable real easy and I was wondering if anybody happens to know the radius for the bend on the corners as well....

Back