Do I need carpet, really?

chad.helton

Forgive me if this is weird... but does my TJ really need carpet? Whoever put in the kit it has now did a really sh!tty job and I don't like it. But the idea of $800 Line-x isn't exciting to me either. So, what would go wrong if I took it all out and just put down nice, durable liners? Am i missing something else by doing this?

I would think aslong as you don't have any bare metal showing it shouldn't rust.. but on my tj I have half the carpet missing and hasn't really affected anything

I just took the carpet out of my CJ and couldn't be happier. I decided against any type of liner for the simple fact that if water can get under it...it will eventually rust. I use regular floor mats in the front for now. I plan on having it sprayed with some sort of liner in the far future. If you don't mind the look of bare floor boards this is what I recommend.

I removed my carpet a long time ago.I had nothing in there for about a year then got some nice durable rubber mats.Only down fall is dont wear open toe shoes and put your foot near the hump.I wish I would have kept just a small piece for that area.

Spend 100.00 on a gallon kit of Herculiner and coat the inside of the tub with it, should be able to do 2 coats in the tub with 1 gallon.

Agree! herculine the tub. I have always took out my carpet. You can get herculiner or durabak at your local autoparts store. I did my tub in herculine about a year ago. what I do like about the carpet though is with the padding under it, it really deadens some of the road noise.

Mine didn't even have carpet when I got it

Spend 100.00 on a gallon kit of Herculiner and coat the inside of the tub with it, should be able to do 2 coats in the tub with 1 gallon.
That's the thing, you can go without carpet but sometimes you need traction on the floors.

Back