Don't you just love those overseas call centers?

Special_K

Here's a message, verbatim, from a certain large computer retailer's Customer Care Center (obviously overseas, probably in India):

-----------------
To,
Mr.PHILIPS ,
This is with refrence to the telephonic conversation you had with me on 04-04-2005 with refrence to the credit of $50 and I have issued you an credit and the credit has already been credited to your original mode of payment and thet refrence # is 05641XXXX , and so an amount of $ 54.00 has been credited on 04-03-05.and the credited ref rence # is 33151XXXX , and the case # with refrence to the conversation you had with me is . 09778XXXX ., in case you have any concerns with refrence to this issue please contact me through my e-mail
-----------------

hehehe.

For a while personnel at customer call centers in India and elsewhere would use American names and accents to make it seem that you were talking to an American. Now, the secret's out so they don't even try to disguise it anymore. Sometimes it's even comical...that is, provided you haven't lost your job to one of them.

Buuuuut, their english is probably better than my um...Indianese? :D Then again, you know what? After re-reading the message, I might even take that back.

I HATE having to talk to people like that!!! Most of them only know how to say certain words and responses....so when you question them about something, they get completely lost.

By the end of the call I'm usually screaming and demanding I talk to their manager or someone in charge....which they usually don't understand...

Hindi I believe is the most predominant language in India.

All I have to say about them is: They know atleast two languages, and I know only 1 efficiently. So I'll cut them a little slack. But it CAN get irritating.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Attempted theft

hahaha number 1 responce to "thank you for calling msntv my name is kimberly, to better assist you may i please get the phone number assoiciated with your account, area code first?"

"THANK GOD I'M TALKING TO AN AMERICAN"
*i always say aboot and eh? a lot on these calls... ooh and ZED rather than ZEE

we have a call centre in surrey (an hour away) supporting the same product in me there is a large population of not so white people there and they all have accents. so even thou msntv only has support in north america they still think they are talking to india.

RE: Who

Special_K said:
Here's a message, verbatim, from a certain large computer retailer's Customer Care Center (obviously overseas, probably in India):

-----------------
To,
Mr.PHILIPS ,
This is with refrence to the telephonic conversation you had with me on 04-04-2005 with refrence to the credit of $50 and I have issued you an credit and the credit has already been credited to your original mode of payment and thet refrence # is 05641XXXX , and so an amount of $ 54.00 has been credited on 04-03-05.and the credited ref rence # is 33151XXXX , and the case # with refrence to the conversation you had with me is . 09778XXXX ., in case you have any concerns with refrence to this issue please contact me through my e-mail
-----------------

hehehe.

For a while personnel at customer call centers in India and elsewhere would use American names and accents to make it seem that you were talking to an American. Now, the secret's out so they don't even try to disguise it anymore. Sometimes it's even comical...that is, provided you haven't lost your job to one of them.

Buuuuut, their english is probably better than my um...Indianese? :D Then again, you know what? After re-reading the message, I might even take that back.

Sounds like they're employed at the Department of Redundancy Department where they work! :lol:

Back