door rack for all soft top 2 door Jeeps

Medieval'06

Well I finally did it. After lots of trial and error and several different manufacturer and engineering complications, I finally manufactured the first run of "Halberd" door racks. You can check them out at TakeEmOff dot com - let me know what you think!

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 6,821
  • passengerCLSP.jpg
    passengerCLSP.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,301
  • best.crop.jpg
    best.crop.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10,809

Looks good,but not sure if my kids would like not being able to see out the side windows.Anyway to do it on the back of the Jeep?

Hey thanks for the comments. I did a hitch mounted design which held them in the back as some of you have suggested, but it compromises departure angle, which is more important to me than the view from the back seat. Thanks again for the comments please keep them coming.

jeeezzzzzzzz, what an absolutely cool and slick idea. After all these 46 years of Jeeps, I've always wondered how I could mount these heavy things in such a way to not have them hanging off the back or in the bed of my army trailer. Wow, hat is tipped. Excellent.

I am going to print this out and the URL and take a bunch of copies of this down the Jeep club today here in Las Cruces.

Awesome.

Robert

Hey thanks for the comments. I did a hitch mounted design which held them in the back as some of you have suggested, but it compromises departure angle, which is more important to me than the view from the back seat. Thanks again for the comments please keep them coming.

I would go for the hitch mounted design rather than this one; I dont take the doors off for wheeling (I wheel in mud, so no doors would mean all the mud would be inside instead of outside!), but I would like to take them off for cruising around town. In fact, if I would get the hitch mounted design, I would also get the targa top roof rack, and then I would be able to take the hole front of the Jeep off and go cruising!

i would be happy to use this one because i still like to have my doors and it wouldn't bother my youngest to not see out the side. he likes to look out the front or play with his hot wheels

In fact, if I would get the hitch mounted design, I would also get the targa top roof rack, and then I would be able to take the hole front of the Jeep off and go cruising!

You can do exactly that with the rack. It is great for both cruising and off-roading. I understand everyone's concern for their rear seat passenger's view, but the point is to be able to take your doors off whenever and wherever you want, and not have to lug them up a flight of steps or chain them to a tree or whatever. I think the design does that very well. Thanks again for the commemnts, please keep them coming!!

I would go for the hitch mounted design rather than this one; I dont take the doors off for wheeling (I wheel in mud, so no doors would mean all the mud would be inside instead of outside!), but I would like to take them off for cruising around town. In fact, if I would get the hitch mounted design, I would also get the targa top roof rack, and then I would be able to take the hole front of the Jeep off and go cruising!

Robert,
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you see the overdue practical utility in the product. I appreciate you showing it to your club members - word of mouth is the only advertising I can afford right now.
With that in mind, I would be happy to do a group discount for you and your club members if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Robert,
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you see the overdue practical utility in the product. I appreciate you showing it to your club members - word of mouth is the only advertising I can afford right now.
With that in mind, I would be happy to do a group discount for you and your club members if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Well, I live in Costa Rica, so I doubt it will do you much good, but I will let them know anyway...

i was just on the site, how much are those racks?

Hi,
The racks are $229.99 plus shipping (17 lbs. parcel).
They come with an extra bumper sticker and a t-shirt (M, L, or XL)

I've got about 8 left before I have to do another production run, so I'll also do a group buy discount for you and your local club if anyone wants to get together on it. Thanks!

I noticed everyone has been dead silent since I said the price. Is it way higher than you anticipated? I'd really appreciate opinons and feedback. Thanks!

I think the price is ok.Of course lower is always better for the consumer..lol.Just nothing That I really need or can afford at this time.

i was tdy for two weeks and rarely got to check in but i cannot spend that much right now anyways.

it is higher then i figured though but i have no idea on the cost of designing or fabbing stuff like that

Back