driving/foglights

288sunny

Just curious on which brand has a good overall driving/foglight, looking to mount something on my bumper that will work good in both areas, or maybe even offroad as well, Nothing super huge, Would love to see pics of everyones setup.
I have looked at the PIAA's, they seem to be a great light, just not sure they are worth the money?

Driving lights are different than FOG lights in how the light is spread. And I've never seen both in one light. I chose KC for the light and apparance. Not dissapointed.
IMG_0330A-1.jpg

I've been doing a little researching lately because I'm looking to add some lights.. I noticed warn has some nice ones out that are wirelessly controlled. I saw one that had two settings, spotlight and driving. If anyones ever tried it let us know because these seem worth it to me. :p

A driviing light and a spot light project the same style of light, don't they? A beam style? And a fog does a broad encompassing type of light?

I don't think you could get one for fog and driving but the ones I found were still pretty cool. All the more reason to buy two different kinds!

Hold on the fog lights and driving lights. Save and purchase Hella 930 HID Rally lights. Kit comes with Max Fuse. Serious wattage, seriously bright.

Those are wicked expensive though, i couldnt bring myself to spend more than 300 for a pair of lights. Ive seen a few people on here that got some decent lights and were unhappy because they still break. Now they run some $10 cheapys because it doesnt really matter if you break them. I havent researched the ones that youre talking about but if the price on your last post (around $900 something) is right they better be made of some super strong stuff. Just my opinion, if i had more money i'd be spending stupid amounts on things too so youre not alone. =]

A driviing light and a spot light project the same style of light, don't they? A beam style? And a fog does a broad encompassing type of light?

a fog light is meant for the first 50 feet in front of you so it shines down and doesn't directly reflect into the water particles., yellow reflects less than white for fog.

a driving light is for distance with some dispersion

a spot is focused at a certain distance with minimal dispersion.

I use KC, and have both fog lights (Slimlights) and long range (Daylighters). Both have their uses. In the case of the fog lights, I reduced wattage from 100W to 55W in order to use them as everyday lights (lower wattage lasts longer and does not blind oncoming traffic) in conjunction with my Jeep driving lights (in case you have not tried them, YJ lights SUCK! Even with H4 upgrades, they dont light worth a darn).

As for lighting patterns, here's the difference:

image-missing.png

The reason I chose fog lights is that you can see not only straight ahead, but also when you turn you get better illumination. For highway driving, though, the long range daylighters are hard to beat. I hear HID works pretty good as well, but I am VERY happy with my aux lighting setup. The only thing I would change wouold be to ad a backup light...

Get some stock TJ lights, all the wiring should already be there and they are DOT approved for on road use... Plus you can find them dirt cheap-free.

Too late. If you see his other thread, he already spent over $900 on a second sun to put on the front of his jeep. Crazy talk if you ask me....just crazy talk.

Oops! Nevermind...different guy entirely. Sorry for putting you on the chopping block there, for no reason.

tjlboise said:
Oops! Nevermind...different guy entirely. Sorry for putting you on the chopping block there, for no reason.

It's the same guy... He said he ordered them in the other post..?

Back