Dropsey is wheelin' again!

TwistedCU

:driving-g

from "random" thread:
I got me a new rubicon, its a 1/6th R/C looking forward to the only wheeling I will be doing for a little while.
From a PM he just sent me:
I just got a 1/6th scale RC Rubico. Did you send this to me? If so thank you very much. My wife syas I have been like a kid at X-mas. Is it from you or the entire gang? I want to thank everyone involved in this gift. Also I am wondering, there are 2. the packing slip says 1, but they delivered 2. Are there supposed to be 2? If not what do you want me to do with the other, ship to you or return to toys r us. OMG thanks very much for the thought, and a great toy I can drive while I can't. Looking forward to fun with it. Thanks so much. It goes to show where my friends are when I was down and out.
Jim

Yes, Jim, they're from all of us here on Jeepz! Sparky Watts came up with the idea and it took off from there. It had to be kind of hush hush (through PM's) among most of the regulars because we couldn't post it in the forum and ruin the surprise, but it is on behalf of all of us here at Jeepz.com from donations that came from several members.

And yes, there are supposed to be two of them... you know rule #1: Never go wheelin' alone ;)

Anyhow, hope it cheers you up while you are recovering and pondering a career change. Don't be afraid to let your daughter play too ;)

So go enjoy them and post a pic of them too :!:

pTRU12900276dt-2.jpg

Jim, you can't imagine how fast this thing came together! I sent out the first round of PM's on the 5th around 9:30 pm, and here it is, the 16th and they are in your hands!! I also want to thank everyone who donated, and especially TC for handling all the money, purchase, and shipping. He had to fanagle your address out of one of the members who shall remain anonymous (unless she wants to come forward). Job well done, TC. I'm blown away at how quickly you all rose to the occasion!

Now, get us some pics of you and your cutie of a daughter playing with them!;)

Thanks very much everyone. I greatly appreciate this. I can say my daughter does too. :) I look forward to a nice clear day so WE can go out and play with them. She was so excited when I opened the first one, it will be funny to see how she will handle having her own. Thanks again. Its great to know I have friends all over the country and I am so happy to have you guys (and gals) here foe me when I have been so down lately. This has been an extremely crazy year, and this site and the people on it have been here for me. Thanks everyone.

He had to fanagle your address out of one of the members who shall remain anonymous (unless she wants to come forward)
a fellow Jeepz and Eastern Shore Jeep member hooked us up with the address (two guesses who)

Dropseys, PM me and let me know if you have a paypal account. If you do I'll send you the leftover money (don't be too exited, it's not much). If you don't have paypal I can send you a check.

Here is one of the new rides, with my daughter staring in awe! WE can't wait to go play

Attachments

• IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 82
Yeah, Stella was trying to put him in it. i don't think he appreciates it as much as Stella and I do. My wife loves that Stella and I are both as excited. :)

Rockkrawler.com has a forum dedicated to the new bright RC Jeeps, but don't get too attached to them, know what I mean?!?!?

Ya know, I hope you're wife gets equal remote time on the second Jeep :lol:

Wow, bigger than I expected.

Ok, I have to get one now.

You guys have no idea how much you just helped my cause for when we move to California. Now my wife says I HAVE to get a Wrangler. Woo Hooo! I will sadly miss the XJ, but I may be able ot bring it for off-road use only then gut and cage it.

Here is Stella Rae using it for the first time, of course she wrecked into Dadd'y leg already. Thank god for pain meds.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 82

We got the kids the 1/10 scale versions for Christmas. It is really surprising some of the stuff they crawl through and how good the wheel travel actually is. Real 4WD helps too.

The ones we sent Dropseys are almost twice as big as my kids'!!! Shhhh, don't tell my kids that :lol:

Back