The OFFICIAL Random thread

Work, How dare you use 4 letter words like that.:shock: :p :lol: :purple: :lol: ;)

I just realized that I've been register for pretty much 4 years...and only have 161 posts.......I need to quit reading and start posting.

Oh Yeah, Saturday was my daughters 2 year birthday party, I feltl like I wa in the land of the liliputians. That night I had a nightmare that I woke up bound to the floor and surrounded by the little people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Antsinmypants

Inspector Gadget

Purpleyjgirl

Ladyjeepfreak

Lauraboston

jps4jeeps

Junkpile

XJNick

Laneiac

COME BACK!!!!

My Sharks just whupped the local boys here. Avs went down 3-1! Yeah baby.

Go Sharks!

Do people you talk to have annoying little sayings they keep repeating in senctences? I mean it's like they get stuck on these and keep saying them even when they don't make sense and then you start to fixate on that and as you are listening, you begin counting the number of times they use the phrase....:crazy:

Here is a few that drive me crazy...

well.. in other words....

I was sitting there....

if you'll pardon the expression....

One word that grates on me is "fur". As in "I need to buy some jewelry fur my wife." The word is FOR people not FUR!

"real quick" is one of my new pet peeves. It's amazing how often it's said around here. "Can I check something real quick?"

One word that grates on me is "fur". As in "I need to buy some jewelry fur my wife." The word is FOR people not FUR!

"real quick" is one of my new pet peeves. It's amazing how often it's said around here. "Can I check something real quick?"

From the time I spent in the military, I've heard "good to go" enough to last me a lifetime...

I got me a new rubicon, its a 1/6th R/C looking forward to the only wheeling I will be doing for a little while.

Do people you talk to have annoying little sayings they keep repeating in senctences? I mean it's like they get stuck on these and keep saying them even when they don't make sense and then you start to fixate on that and as you are listening, you begin counting the number of times they use the phrase....:crazy:

I was sitting there....

Yeah. I can't stand it.
Here are the ones that irk me:

Basically "Basically, I was walking down the street, and he Basically swerved toward me, and I basically jumped out of the way. My catlike reflexes basically saved my life."

Quote/unquote ... "He quote/unquote lifted the car off of the ground, and the car quote/unquote fell on his foot."

No offense. A sentence preceded by, this all but guarantees an offensive statement. "No offense but you're a jerk."

:x

Last edited:

I was sitting there....

What about:

this-n-that (or it's mutated cousin: this, that, and the other)

"goes"; as in during the retelling of a conversation, "So, Johnny goes, 'I'll bet you can't' and I go, 'I'll bet you can,' and Janet goes......."

be that as it may ( I knew a guy that said that to start almost every sentence)

"lol"; I'm sick of that. You know, when someone's typing away, lol, and they say anything, lol, and then type "lol" every few words lol. Or, even worse, when they type something and end it with lolololol. Come on, it's "Laughing out loud", not laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud!:roll:

"Now that's what I'm talkin' about"; been done to death.

A friend of Sunshine's overuses the annoying phrase, "...I'm telling you that right now." No ****! I thought you were serving me a bowl of soup! Duh! "I don't think she's a good hairdresser. She'll butcher your hair, I'm telling you that right now." Sure you're not telling me that next week?:roll:

For what it's worth....

"Do what?"; Sunshine is real bad about that. Ask her any question, and her first response is, "Do what?" "Honey, where are my socks?" "Do what?" "I said, where are my socks?" "Oh, I think they're in the dryer."

Just a few that get under my skin.

Next up: More phrases from the department of redundancy department.

What about:

this-n-that (or it's mutated cousin: this, that, and the other)

"goes"; as in during the retelling of a conversation, "So, Johnny goes, 'I'll bet you can't' and I go, 'I'll bet you can,' and Janet goes......."

be that as it may ( I knew a guy that said that to start almost every sentence)

"lol"; I'm sick of that. You know, when someone's typing away, lol, and they say anything, lol, and then type "lol" every few words lol. Or, even worse, when they type something and end it with lolololol. Come on, it's "Laughing out loud", not laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud!:roll:

"Now that's what I'm talkin' about"; been done to death.

A friend of Sunshine's overuses the annoying phrase, "...I'm telling you that right now." No ****! I thought you were serving me a bowl of soup! Duh! "I don't think she's a good hairdresser. She'll butcher your hair, I'm telling you that right now." Sure you're not telling me that next week?:roll:

For what it's worth....

"Do what?"; Sunshine is real bad about that. Ask her any question, and her first response is, "Do what?" "Honey, where are my socks?" "Do what?" "I said, where are my socks?" "Oh, I think they're in the dryer."

Just a few that get under my skin.

Next up: More phrases from the department of redundancy department.

LOL, I know what you mean. lol!!!

Lololololol

A major research institution has just announced the
discovery of the densest element yet known to science.

The new element has been named "Bushcronium." Bushcronium
has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons,
and 224 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass
of 311.

These particles are held together by dark forces called
morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of
lepton-like particles called peons. The symbol for
Bushcronium is "W". Bushcronium's mass actually increases
over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements
in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons in a
Bushcronium molecule, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists
to believe that Bushcronium is formed whenever morons reach
a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical
quantity is referred to as "Critical Morass".

When catalyzed with money, Bushcronium activates Foxnewsium,
an element that radiates orders of magnitude more energy,
albeit as incoherent noise, since it has 1/2 as many peons
but twice as many morons.

Back