dual or single steering stabilizer

Platsmith

258 85cj7 am I having timing issues or valve issues

On my 85 cj7 I have the superlift 4" life 1/2 in daystar shackles and stock replacement stablizer. I'm trying to keep it be between the ditches. I've replace all the bushing with polyurethan. Is a double stabizer better than the single. I need one that I can use with the four in lift and still use the factory sway bar. any info would be appreciated

A double stabilizer is best suited for really large tires. If you have 33s or smaller, I'd stick with the single stabilizer. 35s are on the cusp. I'd probably go double with 35s. There are some setups that allow you to use 2 stabilizers with all the factory steering equipment. I think Skyjacker has a setup for that...yeah, here - http://www.4wd.com/sky/steering.asp

Should bolt right up.

Corey

Also, if you go offroad regulerly, the double stabilizer hangs lower, so it will more than likely get in the way! I have a single stabilizer, and two weeks ago It fell victim to a really big rock, needless to say, it is toast! but my steering is not all that bad and I will live with it! Is your jeep is not a Daily driver, remover the stabilizer all together!!

2" XJ Budget Boost

If you need more than one you will know it. I personaly think it is a "look here at this" thing more than anything else to run double. If you really need two and are running anyting near normal sized tires say 33's or less and lift under 6" then there is something wrong somewhere in your set up. I was running 31's with a worn out old orginal stablizer on an 87 and never saw the need for more, and I was off road alot of the time with out a problem. tug

ive got a bud with a cj5 sprung over with RE SOA springs high steer two link setup (pitman to knuckle and tie rod connecting the two) with no steerign stablizer, and it drives and steers like a champ, the steering stablizer might not be your problem, make sure everything is tight, that your trac bar and drag link are at the same angle and that your tie rod is flopping in the breeze before you spend the money on skycraper

Back