easy proformace parts for a V8

CJ7lr

i have a 78 CJ7 with a 350, and i was wondering if anyone had anygood ideas for some small cheap parts, that will give it alot of proformance.

A Chevrolet motor? Which cylinder heads have you got? Do you know the compression ratio? What is the combination now?

How is the rest of the Jeep set up and how will you be using it?

It's easy to get power out of a smallblock Chevy with the right combo.

i am not sure what kind of size heads it has, we just bought it and we already bought a new starter, and now we are in the process of putting in a new clutch, it already has a pretty hot motor with msd ignition and a holly carb, and what would could be done to make it sit alittle wider, because know it has a 5 inch body with a 3 inch suspion. lift, and 36 inch tires, it is very narrow, so what would be the best way to make it wider?(wider tires and?)
And if anyone knows anyone who wants to sell a hard top?

You need to find out more about your engine before anyone could make any real recommendations. There are a million different Chevy head castings and they will be the biggest determining factor. There will more than likely be a casting mark on the ends of the heads that will identify them, or you could pop a valvecover and look at the numbers. There are many online guides that will help you indentify your heads if you know that number or can match up the casting mark.

I'd shorten that body lift down to 3" max and make up for it with some longer shackles and TJ flares. Your Jeep is a "narrow track" (pre-1982). The easiest way to widen the track without custom wheels or spacers is to swap in some axles from an 82-86 CJ7 or CJ8. They are the same axles you have now, only wider and they bolt in.

alright thanks, i will do some looking and get back with you

i'd most definitly listen to Junkpile on th ebody lift.with 5'' you could be looking at some major boby fatigue (warpping and craking).

is it carb or fuel injection? if its a carb a carb spacer makes a nice gain. nothing crazy maybe 3-4hp but there really cheap.

get the numbers off the block(rear drivers side, by bell housing) also get the numbers off the heads(under valve covers) and we can see what you have

Back